• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burger poll!

Burger patty of choice?

• Beef

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Chicken

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Turkey

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Fish

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Veggie

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No thanks to any burgers

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
I usually make pork burgers or 1/2 pork 1/2 chicken. I grind the meat myself from grass fed organic pork we purchase from a local farmer and the chicken I raise myself. I then make my own bratwurst spice blend to mix in the ground meat. The spice blend is amazingly flavorful with ginger, mace (the lacy covering on the outside of nutmeg), coriander, dry mustard, salt, pepper, dry milk powder, caraway and a few other spices I'm forgetting. It's our favorite with the homemade burger buns I make/bake myself. I like a little mayo, mustard and sliced raw onion on mine. My wife likes fried onions and a bit of mayo.

I'm usually more of a traditional burger person, but I love salmon burgers and chicken patties too.
But I'm one of those weird people who loves a fried egg on a beef cheeseburger. Lol
I'm not picky with burgers!

I'm usually more of a traditional burger person, but I love salmon burgers and chicken patties too.
But I'm one of those weird people who loves a fried egg on a beef cheeseburger. Lol

Hey, Crew: How do you like the egg cooked then if it's on top of a burger? Do you like the yolk still runny or hard?

I just love Bison. Like any lean meat you need to cook it low and slow. The wait is worth it. And topped with a Vidalia Onion slice, cheese, and grilled Portobello mushroom . . . . . . yum.

The first I had a fried egg on a burger was in Croatia. Thing is, I don't like eggs. I seem to be a supertaster of the sulfur compounds in egg yolks. But, before I knew an egg was atop, my first two bites and and I wondered at the buttery unami, then I bit into the yolk. Ugh. So, I want to be able to prepare a good Pad Thai, which has egg, when at cooking school in Thailand in another week.

And, chicken patties? You need to move up to Chicken Kefte Kabobs. Chicken Kefta Kabobs with Mixed Greens | Chicken.ca I grind my own chicken and adding chicken thighs makes it juicy.

Last edited:
The new beef substitutes, Beyond Burger is my favorite. The cow's gotta go, a major GHG emitter.
Not if our population was small enough to make sustainable animal husbandry possible. Grass fed are better for methane emissions, and I think Bison is the best. I made a Bison rib roast once with cracked pepper, I figured 10 lb for 8 people and I'll have leftovers for some nice sandwiches. Nope, not a scrap left.

I’m a fan of beef burgers, provided they are not too greasy and cooked medium. I won’t say no to a crispy fried chicken burger either, though. That would just be rude :eek:

Beef or Bison. Either one.
Well done, but, not to the point of being hard or chewy.

I also like Grouper burgers. Cooked right without burnt edges.

Some odd meats I've had for burgers was Kangeroo. Yes, it is very tasty and makes a nice
tender burger with little fat.

Ever hear of a Beefaloe?
A man in Missouri crossed Bison with cattle.
I would say they were far superior to just beef.
Never heard of them again. That was about 50 years ago.

"Ever hear of a Beefaloe?
A man in Missouri crossed Bison with cattle.
I would say they were far superior to just beef.
Never heard of them again. That was about 50 years ago."

Beefalo are still around, in 35 states it appears.
Seems that male infertility is a big problem that has kept it from becoming A THING.

------------------------

Medium cooked beef patties topped with swiss cheese is my fav. Eggs, bacon etc all good too!

I only actually like burgers from one restaurant (Culver’s). They’re beef patties, very thin, not charred, salted, and served on a buttered bun (which I don’t eat, but get some of the butter from). Only the burger patty, nothing on it. Haven’t found another burger I more than tolerate. I’m not generally a fan of ground meat.

I like beef cooked rare, but with ground beef it has to be cooked all the way for safety. The days of rare burgers are gone.

I like beef cooked rare, but with ground beef it has to be cooked all the way for safety. The days of rare burgers are gone.

Yep. As I recall, it was "Jack In The Box" who was the culprit getting caught having made burgers nearly "tartar".

Beef is my go-to (grass-fed, of course) but I also love a good Bison or Lamb burger. Turkey is ok, Salmon is amazing, but I really prefer red meats.

New Threads

Top Bottom