• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can Autistics be writers?

Can someone who's autistic be a fiction and fantasy writer?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not everyone's imaginative enough to be able to write a fictional story. My NT husband lacks imagination and would not be able to think up a fictional story. Sometimes I ask him to tell a ghost story when we're cosy in bed but he says he just can't. I love listening to someone telling creepy stories.

The 2004 book, 'The Midnight Disease - The Drive to Write, Writer's Block, and the Creative Brain' - by Alice, W. Flaherty offer discussions on Autism.

"This list comprises fictional works where one or more of the central characters are Autistic. Many have explicitly Autistic characters, and others are coded as Autistic. In the latter case, where possible, the author has confirmed the character is coded Autistic. Each book has been written by an Autistic author."

Fiction

New Threads

Top Bottom