• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can someone with autism actually get annoyed when people ignore each other in social areas?

I mean get togethers like coffee shops, parks and other venues even after yoga classes when everyone leaves without saying anything to anyone. Or you sit in there dives and everyone is doing there own thing ignoring each other not saying anything.

You would think someone like me would like that. Sometimes I do but I find it extremely annoying if you join a group or look for a good hangout and everyone is ignoring each other. As an autistic I am actually craving social interaction because if I don't for too long I end up trauma dumping on some poor women and yes most of the time it's a women and regret it later.

Is this strange considering I use to run away from social settings 5 years ago?
No, I think it's human. Most of us, even on the spectrum, I suspect crave connection, but maybe we crave deep connection. We want to somehow just know a person without all the aggravation of the social "etiquette" beforehand, and many of us tend to like intimate, safe spaces rather than big group settings.

The purpose of participating in activities such as recreation, the arts, etc. is to meet new like-minded people - who may also have difficulties "breaking the ice."

I don't sense annoyance - as I personally would hesitate to "break the ice."

New Threads

Top Bottom