• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Deeper gaming experiences

I remember Roller Coaster Tycoon being fun (but hard!!)

I got in to that for a while about 3 years back, worked out all of it's requirements and built a tiny map that was generating $5000 a month profit. Posted it on their forums, as far as I know it's still there.

I honestly played the sandbox mode the most as that gave you complete freedom to build parks how you liked, with any theme you like. Or you could do what I did with some of my parks and make different themed areas of the park, like how Disney does their parks.

I used to be active on a fan forum for the game, which was actually my first forum experience in general so I did some dumb stuff on there, such as posting someone else's mod that I found. I didn't take credit for it though, but regardless that's apparently not allowed because you need permission to do that from the mod author but I was just a dumb kid back then and wanted to share a mod I found cool.

Btw I mostly played Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and I had the platinum edition of the game so it included the two dlcs which were.. Wild, which let you put wild animals in your park, and Splash which let you put a water park in your park. And both dlc has their own campaigns, and I played and finished all of the campaigns but like I said I preferred sandbox mode as it was less restricting.

I think I played one of the older games too, can't remember which one it was though.

Skyrim is oddly relaxing. With mods, you can tune it so you can turn it into any variety of fantasy life sim that you want.

Yep it's definitely fun to mod Bethesda games I've played and modded both the Elder Scrolls games and the Fallout games. The only Bethesda games I've played and modded though are Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Skyrim.

Not only can you mod the game to add custom content that's to your liking but there's also mods that fix bugs and other issues Bethesda never bothered fixing themselves.

Heck with enough mods/the right mods you can turn them into entirely new games, though you would have to have a computer that can handle all the mods.
I wouldn't touch them myself because I'm not into that sorta thing personally but Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 have hardcore survival overhaul mods, Dust and Frost respectively. Though I guess that wouldn't exactly be relaxing now would it?

New Threads

Top Bottom