• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Different seasons

Very interesting, and thanks for posting. We have not had normal seasons here in about 20 years. First autumn started disappearing, now winter.

I thought people might be curious. Something different. It was new to me too because up the Top End they have 7 seasons.

I thought people might be curious. Something different. It was new to me too because up the Top End they have 7 seasons.

7 seasons? If it was any other country I would question that claim. But it's Australia so it makes perfect sense. ;) Of course they have 7 seasons.

This is 7 Spirits Bay, in the Northern Territory. It's where the 7 spirits of the 7 seasons live.

OST-MV-Arafura-2018-23.jpg

We have the usual 4 seasons, though there are two "mud" seasons; one between winter and spring, and the other between fall and winter.

Mud season has started, so I'm heading to Florida for some cycling.

Last edited:
Some people say we only have two here. Hot and hotter.
But, just as your people can detect things that let you know, the same goes for
Florida. There are four seasons. They may not look the same as the northern part of the continent is all. :bug::palmtree::leafwind::ant:

the same goes for Florida.
When I was living in the tropics I could really only pick 3 seasons.
Wet Season - December to March
Dry Season - April to July
The Build Up - August to November.

The Build Up is the hottest time of the year, humidity increasing, cloud cover increasing, temperatures soaring. You often get that pregnant pause feeling like a big storm is about to hit, and you know in your bones that it's going to rain soon, but it doesn't rain.

When I was living in the tropics I could really only pick 3 seasons.
Wet Season - December to March
Dry Season - April to July
The Build Up - August to November.

The Build Up is the hottest time of the year, humidity increasing, cloud cover increasing, temperatures soaring. You often get that pregnant pause feeling like a big storm is about to hit, and you know in your bones that it's going to rain soon, but it doesn't rain.
Yo that's true fellow Aussie :) I've heard the term build up before.

I lived in Dundee for about 10 years, near the Finnis River.

Mick Dundee wasn't his real name by the way, he was Mick from Dundee. He died about 15 years ago.
Oh, yes... I'm pretty sure Croc Dundee the movie is based on a real person, as you say :). He was called 'Rod Ansell' apparently.

My part of Calfornia has cool/wet for 4-5 months and hot/dry the rest of the year. This year the cool/wet looks like it will extend into April, which is pretty unusual. Last year the April highs usually got up to 80s F with maybe one small shower along the way.

This is 7 Spirits Bay, in the Northern Territory. It's where the 7 spirits of the 7 seasons live.

My word! What a beautiful place. I love the ocean. My home town has a decent-sized coastline but it doesn't look like that!

New Threads

Top Bottom