• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like coffee and?

Billthecat

V.I.P Member
I just want to create this soft thread to fulfill my curiosity.

Today I was in a bar (little too fancy for my habits, but), then a crew of US tourists come to the barman asking for some refreshments.

Lot of people of every ages started taking coffee with almost any kind of spices, a staff girl even asked me for help with the orders.

Without a proper answer, they just brought any kind of spices from the kitchen, and the customer started adding to coffee and cappuccino.

What's your favorite spice or non coffee ingredient when you get a coffee?

I haven't had any coffee in almost 20 years, but if I were to drink coffee it would be regular old fashion black coffee with coffee taste and nothing else.

I used to be a coffee roaster and so I usually enjoy mine black to get the notes of the roast, but it depends. If it's not a specialty coffee (i.e. if I know there are no flavor profiles I'm looking for, but just drinking coffee to have something to drink) then I like cinnamon. If I'm putting something in espresso, it's a little bit of lemon. But like I said, I generally just have my coffee black.

I can drink it black, but prefer it with milk and sugar. No flavors or spices for me.

Same with tea. But only Darjeeling.

Australia's favourite breakfast - a coffee and a cigarette. :)

I like good coffee, a traditional Italian breakfast coffee. Not Espresso. I don't have instant coffee in the house. I also tend to drink far too much coffee but I love it.

I tried a few different flavoured coffees once, with things like nuts or chocolate in the mix. They were sort of nice but not the sort of thing I could drink all the time.

Kinds of coffee according to our barman association

Attachments

• IMG_20221015_214919.jpg
    IMG_20221015_214919.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 49
Regular Joe with sugar and cream for me. No spices.

BUT... there is an Indian version with spices that I like occasionally. It's contains a blend of cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, almond powder.

Regular Joe with sugar and cream for me. No spices.

BUT... there is an Indian version with spices that I like occasionally. It's contains a blend of cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, almond powder.
Sorry, what's a regular Joe?

More complete:

Why is coffee called a cup of Joe?​

The iconic nickname, a “cup of Joe,” has several origin stories. One legend concerns Josephus Daniels, the Secretary of the Navy during World War I. In 1914, he banned alcohol consumption on all U.S. Navy ships. Since coffee was the next strongest substitute, sailors sarcastically deemed it “a cup of Josephus,” but as that was a bit of a mouthful, the snarky nickname became shortened to just “a cup of Joe.

I wonder if they can drink now ? The Royal Navy has a long tradition of a tot of Rum.
From google:
U.S. Navy sailors cannot drink beer on ships unless they have been at sea for 45 continuous days without a port call. The captain may then request permission from the fleet commander to have a "beer day" at which each sailor is allowed two cans of beer. However, exceptions have been made.

§ 700.1162 Alcoholic beverages.
(a) Except as may be authorized by the Secretary of the Navy, the introduction, possession or use of alcoholic beverages on board any ship, craft, aircraft, or in any vehicle of the Department of the Navy is prohibited.

I like mine Mexican, with a little Cinnamon added to the grounds. Because of corporate behavior I have given up on Starbucks and buy Peet's or Cafe Britt. Whole bean.

New Threads

Top Bottom