• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like cooking for the people you care about?

Do you enjoy cooking for others?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Depends on my mood.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nope!

• I am a gourmet chef.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I cook frozen pizzas for my friends.

• I am somewhere in-between the two extremes listed directly above.

• I want to eat some of Metalhead's legendary chicken soft tacos tonight!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Other (please specify).

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
I do not particularly like cooking, but I will step up to the plate if no one else is going to, or ready-to-eat favorites become too expensive. It is not as difficult as I feared and I have added a few meals to my repertoire.

Most of mine are a hybrid of cooking & RTE items.
For chili rotini, I cook the beans & noodles but add store-bought chili sauce.
For RAGMOP pizza, I buy a ready-made cheese pizza and prep all of its custom toppings.
Our air fryer puts french fries within our reach for fish & chips night (both frozen).
Our oven grill[?] makes it so we don't have to flip the fish nor frozen corndogs.*
full

*Unlike burritos, frozen corndogs have been a fail in the microwave.

Last edited:
My daughter had some depression one morning as a young person, so l threw together an exquisite muffin of carmel, apples, brown sugar, and named it after her, it really lifted her spirits, and l could see her depression leaving for that day. So cooking is a gift.
Probably good also for the person with depression to do cooking. It's an activity with outward focus.

I do not particularly like cooking, but I will step up to the plate if no one else is going to, or ready-to-eat favorites become too expensive. It is not as difficult as I feared and I have added a few meals to my repertoire.

Most of mine are a hybrid of cooking & RTE items.
For chili rotini, I cook the beans & noodles but add store-bought chili sauce.
For RAGMOP pizza, I buy a ready-made cheese pizza and prep all of its custom toppings.
Our air fryer puts french fries within our reach for fish & chips night (both frozen).
Our oven grill[?] makes it so we don't have to flip the fish nor frozen corndogs.*
full

*Unlike burritos, frozen corndogs have been a fail in the microwave.

I sometimes take shortcuts, too. Jarred marinara sauce for Italian dishes, frozen puff pastry and pie dough, cheese pizzas that I add toppings to, frozen French fries, tater tots and hashbrowns, canned beans instead of cooking dried beans from scratch, etc. I recently discovered frozen beer-battered cod at Costco which doesn't require thawing and just bake in a hot oven. It tastes really good.

I do, whether it is tossing a frozen pizza in the oven or making the pizza from scratch, I share it with the people I love and care for the most.

I cook for my partner whenever she visits. She sometimes helps, but she doesn't cook at home. I haven't lived by myself for the most part, but when I do, I quite enjoy cooking, whether it is for myself or others. Eating however is even better. One of the positives of cooking for yourself is that you can cook what you actually want and like, give it the preferred texture, etc. You don't have to "settle" for anything.

I don't cook, happy opening a can of beans have good background in chemistry so understand what cooking is about how it works just not interested in doing it. Sort of like have aptitude for languages but do not follow up on it.

One thing I am learning the matriarchal culture that had developed in North America prior to the Europeans was better, more stable. Sort of like Bonobos culture versus Chimpanzee.

Cooking for others feels like being cast in the spotlight and anxiety takes over. I do not enjoy cooking for others at all.

I don't really enjoy having others cook for me either as I am too specific about what I like and what I do not. It's a terrible feeling to have someone make something perfectly lovely for me but because of the textures and the smells it makes me want to puke.

New Threads

Top Bottom