• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think i should wear my full face helmet at all times when riding my koppla gator

Gary DuBois

I was once pulled over on my way home from bradley lake park and the cop was nice and polite he said he would give me a verbal warning.

Im not scared to get a ticket i just didn't want to get a ticket so i said i will take my key out of my bike and walk my bike home.

I wish i didn't have to wear my helmet and i don't know what the chances are of talking to another cop if they were to see me with no helmet on.

If it is the law to wear then helmet, then yes I believe that you should wear the helmet. Besides, it might actually save your life one day.🙂

If it is the law to wear then helmet, then yes I believe that you should wear the helmet. Besides, it might actually save your life one day.🙂
It is the law here in puyallup washington where i live that i have to wear my helmet when im riding my electric motorcycle for it to be legal.

I don't mind wearing a helmet its just i like the feeling of the fresh air and not having my head closed inside a helmet.

I think it was considered more of an electrical scooter than an actual motorcycle. It was blue and the helmet was a round kinda bubble shaped black one with a clear face shield that could go up or down. Sorry for not having better specifics but vehicles are not something I know alot about. I think the bike might have been called a gator 50. That sounds right but I am not sure.

I think it was considered more of an electrical scooter than an actual motorcycle. It was blue and the helmet was a round kinda bubble shaped black one with a clear face shield that could go up or down. Sorry for not having better specifics but vehicles are not something I know alot about. I think the bike might have been called a gator 50. That sounds right but I am not sure.
Do you have any pictures of your electrical scooter. Blue is a brilliant color. I bet you looked good in that helmet. My helmet is a full face white one with a tinted visor. No need to have said sorry its fine :) I will look up a gator 50 and i want you to look up my koppla gator. thats okay that your not sure at least your trying.

Did yours look like this - Gator 50-S3 Express – Hot Street Scooters

Do you have any pictures of your electrical scooter. Blue is a brilliant color. I bet you looked good in that helmet. My helmet is a full face white one with a tinted visor. No need to have said sorry its fine :) I will look up a gator 50 and i want you to look up my koppla gator. thats okay that your not sure at least your trying.
Not in digital form. I did not have my dslr back then but there were some pictures taken with one of those cameras where you used to turn the entire camera over to have the pictures printed and come back to pick them up a few days later. If I find them maybe I could take a picture of the picture.

I was once pulled over on my way home from bradley lake park and the cop was nice and polite he said he would give me a verbal warning.

Im not scared to get a ticket i just didn't want to get a ticket so i said i will take my key out of my bike and walk my bike home.

I wish i didn't have to wear my helmet and i don't know what the chances are of talking to another cop if they were to see me with no helmet on.
That all depends on how much you value your face. You could always get a helmet that met the requirements that wasn't full face.

Yes.

(Always wear a helmet on bikes, motor bikes, scooters, or any other contraption you can possibly fall/crash and break your face or head)

I recommend you get used to it. My father almost died in a motorcycle crash, right in front of me, when I was very young. Broke several bones, had to have ruptured organs removed. We thought he was going to die. It was horrid.

Also, there are a few people I know of on this forum who have been severely injured and disabled in motorcycle wrecks. Your road gear is your armor.

I wish i didn't have to wear my helmet

You can call me a dork, but I think helmets and keeping yourself safe are awesome. Not only for your sake, but for the crew who has to scoop you up off the pavement when something bad happens.

(I'm also one of those nerds who wears seatbelts though -- go figure!)

The whole "cool guys don't wear helmets" narrative is just designed so you have to pay fines over and over again -- what a great business model. You could write a new one, and save some money and your head all at the same time. But that's genuinely your personal choice :). I see no downsides, but I guess some people would rather look cool

I recommend you get used to it. My father almost died in a motorcycle crash, right in front of me, when I was very young. Broke several bones, had to have ruptured organs removed. We thought he was going to die. It was horrid.

Also, there are a few people I know of on this forum who have been severely injured and disabled in motorcycle wrecks. Your road gear is your armor.
@Yeshuasdaughter That is terrible! How old were you at the time? It must have been very traumatic.

New Threads

Top Bottom