• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone remember nightcore and Alvin and the Chipmunk covers?

Yeah I do; the first time I heard one was when I unintentionally listened to the Nightcore version of "Dum Dadi Doo" that was used as the music for an Anime AMV on YouTube:

The problem I have with Nightcore songs is that it can ruin the original song afterwards as it then feels like it's playing in slow motion, so I felt it best not to listen to Nightcore versions of songs.
Bruh I remember this song too

Clutch Cargo was cool....until a few years later when Jonny Quest came along. :cool:

LOL....I had to go to my friend's house to see Jonny Quest in color.

No singing rodents in this one...lol.
Tom Slick and Superchicken….. I can still remember every word from their theme spngs.

I had to look up nightcore on Wikipedia, it sounded like something completely different than what it actually is.

When I was really young my mom bought me the Chipmunk Punk record and I really loved it. I no idea back then that the album went platinum. Or how it revived the franchise.:)

I remember both of those. Nightcore wasn’t my favourite thing but some songs sound really good with it. When I was younger, I listened to a lot of chipmunk covers though haha. But if I listen to sped up songs I do like, sometimes I feel like the speed can be too much while some are just right

I remember both of those. Nightcore wasn’t my favourite thing but some songs sound really good with it. When I was younger, I listened to a lot of chipmunk covers though haha. But if I listen to sped up songs I do like, sometimes I feel like the speed can be too much while some are just right
Ye some of the songs sound nice in nightcore such as Imagine dragons demon (Sam Tsui version), Starset Demons, dam dadi do etc

This one isn't Nightcore, but it makes me think a bit of it:

Boris Harizanov - Blue (Da Ba Dee) (Hardstyle Version)

Is this like the time when bands started releasing sped-up versions of their own songs for TikTok use?

I still laugh about that, randomly. Sometimes the thought will cross my mind right before falling asleep and then I'm just laying there, chuckling to myself like a maniac. I'm so glad they stopped that... they stopped that, right?

I used to listen to this horrible crap music called vaporwave though, so I can't judge. I probably had like a 25GB+ collection at one point, and even released albums of my own on a few labels. So, whatever floats our boats, as they say...

Last edited:
Is this like the time when bands started releasing sped-up versions of their own songs for TikTok use?

I still laugh about that, randomly. Sometimes the thought will cross my mind right before falling asleep and then I'm just laying there, chuckling to myself like a maniac. I'm so glad they stopped that... they stopped that, right?

I used to listen to this horrible crap music called vaporwave though, so I can't judge. I probably had like a 25GB+ collection at one point, and even released albums of my own on a few labels. So, whatever floats our boats, as they say...
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Vaporwave; hearing a song I recognized playing slowly just messed with me - kind of like listening to the original song after hearing a Nightcore cover enough times.

I'll take Synthwave music any day, as at least their vocal covers are usual entertaining without ruining the original for me - like this version of "Because the Night" by Patti Smith been performed by Nikki Flores and The Midnight:

New Threads

Top Bottom