• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dream job survey!

Something I can do somewhere alone, away and with minimum direct contact with other people,
maybe tinkering with vintage sewing machines, crafting things to sell...

I would love a huge investment fund to invest in stocks, that's a special interest of mine.

Most challenging dream job: last hope dog trainer, there are plenty of trainers who can't do what a dog needs and can't deal with cases especially difficult ones, I'd like the dogs to not end up from a loving home who's willing to try into shelters and dead because there is always a way. I would like to work with dangerous cases and change the lives of pets and families in challenging situations into loving homes with happy paws inside them.

Most relaxing "dreamy" job: feeding and cleaning wildlife infants, horticulture, brushing horses, making sure they're fed, professional food taster although I am not entirely qualified because I don't have the same palate as NTs but I could recognize hints and textures even if I disliked them, and another concern would be that I wouldn't stop eating, I love food. Food I like is very good. 😋

Gigolo to billionaire male gym rats who pay me exuberant amounts of cold hard cash to worship my body.

Very surprisingly, I ended up with my life long dream job as an electronics design engineer. Didn't have any plotted out path, just relentless love and devotion to the subject got me there.

If that had never worked out, my second choice would be a career in horology.

I would want to do some kind of work with other animals if I were able to.
I really like that you said, "other animals". :)

I am disturbed by the common attitude that humans are so far above other animals resulting in the distinction that there are animals and there are humans; as if humans are not low enough to be considered an animal.

Reality check: Humans are indeed animals and as yet, I haven't witnessed anything to indicate or suggest that humans are "superior".

I really like that you said, "other animals". :)

I am disturbed by the common attitude that humans are so far above other animals resulting in the distinction that there are animals and there are humans; as if humans are not low enough to be considered an animal.

Reality check: Humans are indeed animals and as yet, I haven't witnessed anything to indicate or suggest that humans are "superior".
Yes it's annoying when people go around linking things that they believe doesn't happen to animals only to humans to make either a superiority or an inferiority woo woo claim and I have to link the science to show such medical things happen to animals too.

From the age of nine I wanted to be a “research scientist.” I am still one now, despite being “retired.”

New Threads

Top Bottom