• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Existential Nihilism; the solution to all of our problems

Is this the right time for a cartoon? I love these cartoons...

Existential Office
existentialOffice.jpg

existentialOffice2.jpg

existentialOffice3.jpg

from Existential Comics

I used to work there. Thanks for the laugh!

Ever read Dilbert? That's most offices right there, @Mary Terry! :) I think I'd prefer the Existential Office. While also exasperating, at least it's intellectually interesting!

Ever read Dilbert? That's most offices right there, @Mary Terry! :) I think I'd prefer the Existential Office. While also exasperating, at least it's intellectually interesting!

Dilbert was hilarious. My mother, who never had a job (outside her home) in her life, couldn't understand why we working kids found it so funny. She couldn't relate to what an office environment is like. I used to cut out the really funny ones and post them in the office breakroom.

Nihilism has been making me impulsive. I still sorta care about college and don't want to thow all that away. When I am out I probably won't have anything to hold me back from living more and more like an impulsive degenerate

Nihilism has been making me impulsive. I still sorta care about college and don't want to thow all that away. When I am out I probably won't have anything to hold me back from living more and more like an impulsive degenerate

That sounds a little more like hedonism than nihilism, depending on what those impulses are

Last edited:
It's an expression related to putting the blame for your own actions outside of yourself.
When I am in a very nihilistic state of mind some self restraint goes out of the window and some self destructive behavior starts. It's not hedonism as i am not having a good. It's something that happens, I don't know where the matter of blame comes into to the picture. Right now my life style wouldn't indicate that i want to get very old.

Last edited:
When I am in a very nihilistic state of mind some self restraint goes out of the window and some self destructive behavior starts. It's not hedonism as i am not having a good. It's something that happens, I don't know where the matter of blame comes into to the picture. Right now my life style wouldn't indicate that i want to get very old.
Look into maladaptive coping and see if you can find a reflection of your behavior there, there's resources on how to deal with it. Nihilism is not inherently self-destructive. That comes from something else.

New Threads

Top Bottom