• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Explain the meaning of your screen name/user name

Because I'm a grumpy old man that hates phones and refuses to use any of the common social media platforms.

I also don't have a great deal of imagination for things like that.

Because I'm a grumpy old man that hates phones and refuses to use any of the common social media platforms.

I also don't have a great deal of imagination for things like that.
This forum feels like social media in comparison to other forums anyways. If you don’t mind me asking your age?

This forum feels like social media in comparison to other forums anyways. If you don’t mind me asking your age?
57. It's in my profile and shows if you hover the mouse over my avatar. I wish more people did this because it helps when thinking of how to respond to a post.

Oddly Godly is my username for most things and is the name of my podcast. I am an ordained minister and since I'm also an Aspie I felt Oddly Godly would capture the essence of who I am. It also rhymes. I like that.

A question asked many times here. No, I am not a member of the bar or having served as a judge.

However as a child, one of my stims was to pace with a very serious look on my face.

One of my father's best friends laughed and said, "He looks like a judge". And thus the nickname stuck- "Judge". Indicative of my autistic stim at a time when autism wasn't even discussed, let alone known by most people.

Seemed totally appropriate to use this nickname in this particular domain. :cool:

Why do you like forest cats in particular?

Well, they are a little special. A long time ago many people thought they were supernatural and called them "mountain-dwelling fairy cats" and they can climb up surfaces other cats can't climb. Their ancestors were ship's cats on viking ships and they have lived on Norwegian farms for centuries, keeping the mice away. I have had a few and they are just very nice and special cats. And they chirp, they make special sounds. I like all cats but I'm especially interested in forest cats and polydactyl cats.

1672857285118.png 1672857760713.png

Last edited:
A question asked many times here. No, I am not a member of the bar or having served as a judge.

However as a child, one of my stims was to pace with a very serious look on my face.

One of my father's best friends laughed and said, "He looks like a judge". And thus the nickname stuck- "Judge". Indicative of my autistic stim at a time when autism wasn't even discussed, let alone known by most people.

Seemed totally appropriate to use this nickname in this particular domain. :cool:
You can judge me all you like, as much as I judge you. We are both auties :)

Well, they are a little special. A long time ago many people thought they were supernatural and called them "mountain-dwelling fairy cats" and they can climb up surfaces other cats can't climb. Their ancestors were ship's cats on viking ships and they have lived on Norwegian farms for centuries, keeping the mice away. I have had a few and they are just very nice and special cats. And they chirp, they make special sounds. I like all cats but I'm especially interested in forest cats and polydactyl cats.

View attachment 93425 View attachment 93426
Ahhh interesting!! Would you call forest cats a special interest of yours?

I chose mine, because when I was making an account, I was incredibly tired of the life I had at that moment.

I play the bass guitar and my brother when I first started gave me that nickname. It's stuck throughout the years especially for gaming and online communities. I also made the switch because of Futurama. I was B3ND3R online long before the robot character of Bender ever appeared but the minute that show launched there were suddenly a million other people trying for the screen name. Honestly I took it from the character of John Bender from the movie The Breakfast Club.
1724685764692.png

Xinyta was originally used as my username, because of the alien character I created. But the name, as a started making sense of myself. Became more a name to describe my strange life, and how confused I was about everything. The alien nature of me, as a person, and how I reacted to the world. I've been a psychological mess a long time. So the username just kinda works.

In truth. I will always be a alien, in some regard. Namely because of my Autism. But there is nothing that says that's bad.

It's after a game character, he's the main antagonist. He has elegant, minimalistic, refined techniques. Disciplined, systematic. As opposed to his chaotic brother Dante who is a sleeping until afternoon, pizza eating punk who forgets to pay bills and is into impressive things. The difference is visible for example in their Swords, Vergil has an excellent katana and Dante has a sword that is extremely large and has demonic engravings, very rich design. I also like classic literature. The number 96 is the year of my birth.

Because my hobbies and interests are childish. I play Animal Crossing and watch classic cartoons and Muppets and line up small dolls on my desk and keep plushies on my bed. My avatar is a photo I took of Moondancer, a G1 My Little Pony that is one of the many dolls and figures I have lined up.

New Threads

Top Bottom