• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Explanations

FayetheAspie

V.I.P Member
I was just wondering how to use certain features. For example - What is the difference between "start chat" vs "send direct message ?" Also when someone refers to a messaging method on the forum that they refer to as "pm," is that referring to using one of the aforementioned buttons or something else entirely? If anyone else has questions about how this forum works feel free to add your questions on this thread.

I was also wondering about the meaning of the pictures of push pins, bells, or locks beside certain threads.

"Chats" are in real time. Fluid.
"Direct Message/Inbox Conversation" static. More like writing an email.

PM = 'Private Message'

Since the recent Update it appears that PMs are now being called "DM"s.

A lock by a thread means it's closed to further replies.

A push pin means the thread has been pinned/made stationary, so that it remains
in the forefront, doesn't gradually over time go to the end of the list of threads.

A bell? Like this?
1723397542242.png

Notifies you of recent posts.

Where do you find the list that tells when everyone's birthday is? I think that I stumbled across it once, but do not remember how to get back to it.

If I decided to post any of my photography and/or poetry, would the artwork still belong to me ?
I would think so. Some people put a watermark on their art if they are worried about that. But posting things here does not give others permission to take and use your artwork/writing. That would be stealing.

If I decided to post any of my photography and/or poetry, would the artwork still belong to me ?

Perhaps best answered by the terms and conditions of this site:

"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

New Threads

Top Bottom