• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite School Subjects

Which of these subjects was/is your favorite?

• Math

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Science

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • English/Literature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • History/Geography

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Weirdly, my favorite subjects were US History, English, and music. I say weirdly because number one, that seems like a very strange pairing, and number two, because even though I enjoyed the subjects, my grades (with a few exceptions) were never anything to brag about. Except in English...when we'd do dictation sentences, my teachers would always write little notes like, "I always enjoy your sentences, Robert." :) And I was always good at spelling, too. :D

I would say that Art was my favorite subject in school and computer class :D We mostly goofed off in computer class and surfed the internet the whole time, except when we did a brief assignment that was sort of pointless :/

In art, (every single one I've ever been in from different schools) my doodles seem to have gotten a praise or two from the teacher :P So I guess I was always the art teacher's favorite student ....

Writing and art. :D
And for a while I did some digital tech (basic animation and video game programming) which I really liked. :grinning:

Mine was always art, writing, and math. Never cared for science that much. Maybe when we would dissect and do experiments in class, but other than that it was boring. I did really like oceanology though.

I liked gym class. It was like a break from all the other stuff. And I was athletic so it fit me well. We had a class called natural science class, it was mostly about nature. That was fun.

Theater, because it was my homeroom teacher, he had me take attendance for homeroom , and he gave me a short role where l made the entire audience laugh. I had to ask why people laughed in theater class. In Jr high, they gave us cameras, and we had to do a short film. Commercial Art class was fun. In high school, we had a native speaker from France, so French class was very nice.

I like learning languages. I took both Spanish and German in secondary/high school which I really enjoyed. I probably would've taken on a third language if I could.

I liked music, just because I could play the keyboard, although I found that music classes weren't as simple as that.

I liked art because it was the only subject I was just about good at, although I did get an F on one of my art projects for being too creative. Don't ask.

I liked English because I was good at writing and spelling, but I started to find English classes boring when we done nothing but Shakespeare.

I liked textiles and I wish I had taken that for a GCSE.

Honostly, I hated school. I enjoy history, but very specific periods like early early history, romans, greeks etc. Sadly that was only given about half a year out of my 5 years (the Netherlands has 3 different lengths based on your level. 4 5 and 6 years) So I did not enjoy the rest as it was about world war 1 and 2 mostly.
English and Math were alright since they were easy.
But overall I cannot say I ever enjoyed my time at school except for some tiny moments that lasted an hour at a time at most.

Honostly, I hated school. I enjoy history, but very specific periods like early early history, romans, greeks etc. Sadly that was only given about half a year out of my 5 years (the Netherlands has 3 different lengths based on your level. 4 5 and 6 years) So I did not enjoy the rest as it was about world war 1 and 2 mostly.
English and Math were alright since they were easy.
But overall I cannot say I ever enjoyed my time at school except for some tiny moments that lasted an hour at a time at most.
It was the other way around for me. In history we just learned about the magna carta and kings and queens from like 1000 years ago, which I found boring.
I wish we had learnt more about WW1 and WW2, and other interesting things like the black plague and how life was in the Victorian era.

My favorite subject was science and also foreign language.

In primary school I liked art or crafts because I was so creative. I also liked creative writing.

At high school my favourite subjects switched depending on the short-lived obsessions I got. I loved Spanish because I just got obsessed with Spanish people but that only lasted a few months then when I realised how crap I was at learning a language the interest began to fade.
Then my favourite subject became music because I could play the piano (one-handed but still good) and felt proud of my little talent and wanted to become better at it. Unfortunately that didn't really work out either, as I found piano-playing was not really an interest as such but just a mild hobby of mine that I did in my spare time for entertainment.

In my last two years of high school my favourite subject became this thing called ASDAN, I'm not sure what it stands for but they teach you all about useful life skills such as how to do job interviews, write a cheque, manage finances, even watched videos about driving. Nothing was too detail-oriented like all the other subjects were, it was just like "this is what life is and is what you really need to know", and there were no big words you had to learn or facts and dates or anything like that. It was so fun. I also enjoyed learning about childcare in college. That was interesting because you got to learn about cute little babies.

New Threads

Top Bottom