• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fourth of July

I spent much of the day comforting dogs. I feel so bad for them.

Ye gods, I freaking hate this holiday. LOTS of reasons for that, but the stupid fireworks is the most notable.

At least I have my zone here I can retreat to, and no weird family parties happen at this house, so no worries about that. One of the benefits of living in the absolute middle of nowhere: Nobody wants to have any parties or celebrations here.

Technically it's 12:35 AM on the 5th as I write this, but the whole mess isnt actually over until the random explosions stop.

I'm deaf, so I can't relate. But I can intellectually tell you condolences and hopefully the 5th is a more relaxing day for you, @Misery .

We just received a heat advisory of 111 degrees, so l guess l am scaling back my plans of doing anything.
Only hit 106 here. But...

Attachments

• 2024-07-05_00-45-44.jpg
    2024-07-05_00-45-44.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 6
This year the fireworks have been much crazier than in the past. It sounded from time to time like automatic weapons fire and shells exploding. Windows shaking and car alarms going off. I've never been in actual combat, but I have "fought" both in MILES gear and in live-fire exercises in the military, and it sure as hell sounded real. If I were a vet with unresolved PTSD, I'd be wearing noise-canceling headphones all evening.

It's all over for another year. Time to take down the flags, bunting, whirligigs and other "patriotica". (I made up that word. ;))

I spent the night with the terrified dogs. Guy next door is a former Marine lifer. I'm pretty sure some of his booms were smuggled off base.

New Threads

Top Bottom