• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Graphic Design

mikkyh

Right...OK...I'm not full of myself or anything (and in fact I have really low self confidence) but I see myself as good at IT and I am very obsessed (not right now because I'm depressed and when I'm depressed I lose of all my interests and ****) but anyway, one thing I REALLY cannot do is graphic design. I just can't. Photo editing I can sort of do VERY basic work with but honestly I am CRAP at making graphics.

I really suck at creativity (in a way) except for when I make a spreadsheet I get very creative and I find making a spreadsheet MUCH more exciting than making a graphic.

Meh. I guess it's because I'm a PC :P :D XD

Michael, I don't think you suck at creating graphics... You already done like a very good signature and avatar, I would give you a thumbs up for it. :thumbsup:

3D graphics design is what I wanted to do and I really suck at that, and that's why I'm in college doing that and also using flash. :showoff: but that's next year though..

I've always been into graphic design in photoshop and I wanted to go into architectural visualization type work in 3d modelling programs a few years back. I'm very capable in photoshop and a few other programs but I struggle with creativity issues like you mentioned. :P If someone told me to do something to a graphic or photo, I'd be able to do it. Creation and doing things of my own spontaneous accord I struggle with though.

I like to think in a way I'm pretty good at graphic designs due to the fact half the stuff I do on Photoshop I sort of didn't come up with consciously.
A lot of the stuff just popped in my head, literally, and I instantly knew how to make it in Photoshop.
Also in town I can look at people's bag's logos and stuff and instantly know how to make them in Photoshop, or look at posters and pick up tips from them.
I don't use Photoshop so much now, but a year ago when I used it most days I'd come home from school and usually have came up with something in school and just make it.
I also had an obsession with making somewhat mathematical drawings, or weird cubed-shaped shapes and stuff, and there was a time where I'd just constantly have these awesome images flash at me made out of cubes. Or it'd be like I was watching a video and more and more cubes would be making stuff.
I feel quite euphoric really when it comes to that sort of drawing, but it has no practical use and isn't very visually appealing as opposed to conventional art(is conventional are even a good thing in this day and age, or even oxymoronic?).
It's more recreational though. I don't see my self getting a career in it. I also suck at conventional drawing.
After like a week of using a program I can usually create stuff in it in my head and then go back on the computer a do it exactly as it looks in my head, or look at a site's logo or something and recreate it in Photoshop etc.
Some people see this as pretty easy and some people see this as pretty cool.
I'm not gonna act like I think it's mediocre 'cause it's the only weird thing I have. LOL.
EMZ=]

Ive been using photoshop for over 5 years and I am in love with it lol. But adobe illustrator scares me. I cant do it and just I dont know I hate it because I am not familur with it i guess. It just takes time to get good at photoshop.

Ive been using photoshop for over 5 years and I am in love with it lol. But adobe illustrator scares me. I cant do it and just I dont know I hate it because I am not familur with it i guess. It just takes time to get good at photoshop.
I'm the same with different user interfaces.
I personally avoid illustrator because I was never that great with the pen tool in the first place and it seriously seems that the only advantage Illustrator has over Photoshop is the pen tool is superior.
I know that's probably complete ******** 'cause I've probably only used the application 10 hours in total(nothing compared to Photoshop), but yeah.
I didn't mind using Pixelmator though for some weird reason. I was a bit irritated initially by it though.
GIMP I can't stand though, even though I know it's not a bad image editor... it's just the UI... really can't stand it.
EMZ=]

I've been using Photoshop for younks. Mainly been doing forum signatures, avatars, banners and stuff. Now though, i'm getting more into photo editing like using filters to fix photo problems. I'm also very good at cutting out the background of an image using the eraser and lasso tool. I would like to learn Illustrator but I think I would be better using a graphics tablet for it. I'm crap at using a mouse to draw things with.

The best way to learn Photoshop is to follow some tutorials and then teach the rest yourself. Just start messing around with different things and eventually you'll learn stuff. That's how I learned.

Also it depends on the version you use. Each version has new features.....cs5 is out very very soon. It doesnt seem much different though so cs4 should just be as good (that what I have just now).

Just find GOOD tutorials and have a play about. No one can teach you better than playing about with every tool until you know what they do and then once you know that then you can play about in tutorials and make the things your own designs.

Maybe pick up a photoshop magazine. they always teach me some new things.

i have a photoshop cs4 for dummies, i have the cs4 master collection but really have only used one or two of the programs, im not the artistic type, give me bricks and mortar and i can make a nice wall though

I've been using Photoshop for younks. Mainly been doing forum signatures, avatars, banners and stuff. Now though, i'm getting more into photo editing like using filters to fix photo problems. I'm also very good at cutting out the background of an image using the eraser and lasso tool. I would like to learn Illustrator but I think I would be better using a graphics tablet for it. I'm crap at using a mouse to draw things with.

The best way to learn Photoshop is to follow some tutorials and then teach the rest yourself. Just start messing around with different things and eventually you'll learn stuff. That's how I learned.

Got any tutorials ? I can take images away from a background but badly (as you can see from my display picture)...so you got any tips on how to do that better ? And by 'got any tutorials ?' I mean, any links ?

Also it depends on the version you use. Each version has new features.....cs5 is out very very soon. It doesnt seem much different though so cs4 should just be as good (that what I have just now).

Just find GOOD tutorials and have a play about. No one can teach you better than playing about with every tool until you know what they do and then once you know that then you can play about in tutorials and make the things your own designs.

Maybe pick up a photoshop magazine. they always teach me some new things.
CS5's gonna have better Mac support methinks. CS4 is STILL 32-bit only for Mac users, and Mac users are literally like 40% of Adobe's market :S. That's just ******** tbh.
I agree with that too, learning on your own is the best way.
I do watch some tutorials every now and then, but YT ones... well... there's not exactly any quality control.
I used to buy Photoshop magazines but they're pretty expensive tbh and maybe a bit too advanced for me.
EMZ=]

Got any tutorials ? I can take images away from a background but badly (as you can see from my display picture)...so you got any tips on how to do that better ? And by 'got any tutorials ?' I mean, any links ?
I'll make a tutorial if you want?
Photoshop?
EMZ=]

Honestly if anyone's good at teaching I'd pay :)

But. Like. I cant do graphic design so basically im **** at IT imo. Meh. I'm a PC I suppose (Mac adverts).

I'll make a tutorial if you want?
Photoshop?
EMZ=]

Hmm. I dont know cus tbh youtube vids are loading really slowly for me atm (despite having 20meg broadband and everything else downloading at 2.1MB/sec +) but yeah please.

Another thing I want to know is how to find out the font in an image. I know the only proper way is to be clever and know all the fonts but still.

But yeah. Please Emor. That would be so great. Rate and subscribe :P

EDIT: Yeah photoshop

Cutting out stocks can be hard to start with so try getting pre cut renders from the internet. Psd planet i think is the one i use. But there are hundreds of pre cut render sites.

i have a pdf of photoshop for dummies thing, it has loads of stuff and the person i sent it to said it was good, if anyone wants it, its 24mb so i cant remember how i emailed it to someone but anyone can have it just email/pm me with your email so i can send it to you

New Threads

Top Bottom