• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever ....

I did it just last week. Double shampooed.

Ever wondered, when you're on your phone, "I wonder where my phone is?"

I have, more than once.

This is weird, did everyone wash their hair today? I did. I've not forgotten to rinse the stuff out, but I have worn my glasses in the shower. Fat lot of help that was:eek:
I've visited someone and wished I had kept my glasses on because I can't read which is the shampoo, which is the conditioner and which is the body soap. :confused:

Shampoo applied every weekend, Conditioner applied the after the Shampoo, Body wash applied before the Shampoo.
Shower taken twice a day, once when I wake up, once after getting home from work.

Using soap(of any sort) too often makes me uncomfortable.
Still get complement on my skin, hair, Nails and Scent(Lucky me)

I haven't done it with shampoo, but have checked the mailbox and 2 minutes later checked it again.

Thank goodness. Not just me then :)

Before now,
I've gotten all clean and shiny and wandered to another room in the house in my dressing gown with wash bag in hand.

Arrived at other room, forgot why I was there, paused, looking for clues to remember,
looked down to see me in dressing gown with wash bag in hand, thought "Ah yes, that's right"
and turned toward the bathroom to go get all clean and shiny (again !)

I suspect mine is having seven other 'tabs open' and not paying attention to detail, in the moment

I can be trying to make a cup of tea,

Flick kettle on to boil, mind wanders off to ponder other things,
Collect cup and place near kettle, mind wanders...
Go and (intend to)collect other items, tea, milk... Mind wanders...

Pick up (another) cup and go and place near kettle,

Arrive at kettle, on realising have two cups,
try to remember how many I'm making tea for,
Only me in house. "damm it!!"

Intend to Return cup to cupboard, - en route to cupboard, forget what I was doing, look for clues.
Look down to see cup in hand, hear kettle boiling,
"Ah yes, that's right"

Return (extra) cup to place near kettle !!

Little voice in the back of my mind saying " pay attention, we can do this all day" :)

Last edited:
Measuring up an area of my garden to record on some to-scale-ish drawing plans.

Leave the plans on the kitchen table, take tape measure and bimble along the 10 metres to area.
Measure up (twice)

Head in the clouds, return to kitchen table, sit down to fill in details, ...pouff!... Gone! Nothing.

Think 'doh, silly' and pick up tape measure to repeat measuring process, determined to remember details.

Measure up, return to house, can only remember half of the information. Not precise.

Had to sit down and have a banana !

After which, took all equipment to site. Plans, pencil, tape measure to record information.
YAY !! Got there in the end.
Being free to ponder and get distracted during the 10 metre trek back to kitchen table.

Win, win situation :)

Last edited:
I wash my hands tons of times when i get home, trouble is chlorine in the water dries my hands and it feels like they are dirty. Mom often reminds me 'you just did that in the kitchen when we got home.' but sometimes I do it either way.

This is weird, did everyone wash their hair today? I did. I've not forgotten to rinse the stuff out, but I have worn my glasses in the shower. Fat lot of help that was:eek:

I wear goggles in the shower cause shampoo stings my eyes horribly and I get red eyes for days after like im a druggie.

Trouble is when it slides in through because they got moved from the shampooing, or when they steam up and I cant see much.

A much better choice is baby shampoo, no tears, no tangles, no terrifying additives. Even though even water in eyes stings, but oh well, at least it's not too bad and it doesn't give me the red eyes.

baby shampoo, no tears, no tangles, no terrifying additives

I've yet to find anything that doesn't make my eyes red in the shower, and I've tried most shampoos (without fragrance) over a lifetime. It's more a matter of becoming used to a shampoo, even products without additives. Baking soda and a bit of castile soap works not too badly, followed by a diluted vinegar rinse in cool water.

New Threads

Top Bottom