• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everywhere! Thanks and I am looking for a Girlfriend -> Wife!

Here is a picture I took tonight. Thank you for the suggestion! Great advice!

It's very hot (91 degrees) right now. I am not proud of my tattoos by any means. I have two on my arms. One on each; one symbolizing Freedom and another Faith. Seems I lost them both since my involuntary and events since.

Have a good evening!

View attachment 68556

Are you in a law office? It looks like the United States Reports, the official record of decisions by the US Supreme Court, on the bookshelf.

Mary Terry,

I am not in a law office; this is my bedroom. Very keen observation! However they are not U.S. Supreme Court Reporters; the ones you see are Washington State Supreme Court Reports. They most certainly look exactly like U.S. Supreme Court Reporters!

Here in Washington State I produced a Public Disclosure Record which shielded MRSC and saved Public Access to Washington State Supreme Court Reporters here.

Are you in a law office? It looks like the United States Reports, the official record of decisions by the US Supreme Court, on the bookshelf.

Ronald Zeeman,

That's very true and a good point. I most certainly will; lots of good people here it seems. Congrats on your 40 years of marriage; must be a real blessing.

The way us Aspies date and meet friends is different, than what is typical with the general population. Peruse this site lots of good stuff here. I've been married 40 years some of my previous comments might be useful.

Judge,

8 years is a long time. That gives me a little hope; that's two couples more than none! :)

Welcome to Autism Forums, Brandon.

A good place to explore your autism with others, though looking for online romance might be a stretch. I've been here nearly eight years, and in all that time I'm aware of only two couples who got married having met here.

Mary Terry,
I am not in a law office; this is my bedroom. Very keen observation! However they are not U.S. Supreme Court Reporters; the ones you see are Washington State Supreme Court Reports. They most certainly look exactly like U.S. Supreme Court Reporters!

Here in Washington State I produced a Public Disclosure Record which shielded MRSC and saved Public Access to Washington State Supreme Court Reporters here.

Job well done! I'm a retired lawyer, licensed since 1984, so those books look very familiar. I don't know any lawyers who buy hardback books anymore because everything is digital. When I retired several years ago, I gave my old sets of law books to a young attorney whom I mentored to use as "decorations" in his reception area and conference room. (He is now a state appellate judge and still has my old books). I did keep some very old books, treatises, and "horn books" for myself because they are antiques. Nice!

Brandon - I'd like to add that autism does not preclude you from becoming an attorney although I'm sure you know that. I know an autistic attorney who specializes in disability law and makes a good living doing it. Attorney fees are statutory so she gets paid when she wins, and she knows disability law inside and out. She is a solo practitioner with a small staff and a single mother with several autistic children she is raising on her own. I think I'm the only attorney who knows that she is on the spectrum - something she told me in confidence after I referred a couple of clients to her and told her that I have autistic relatives. We kind of hit it off with each other.

Mary Terry,

Thank you! Likewise on the Job Well done to you also! That was very nice of you to give your old collection to a young attorney. Regarding "decorations"; I seen someone give away law collections for use as art projects; needless to say I was very upset. I couldn't intercept and salvage unfortunately. I also have been stocking up on many Horn Books (I have close to 30 on various topics).

I don't believe I have any treatises. How do those fit into law collections? Are they similar to Horn Books?

Job well done! I'm a retired lawyer, licensed since 1984, so those books look very familiar. I don't know any lawyers who buy hardback books anymore because everything is digital. When I retired several years ago, I gave my old sets of law books to a young attorney whom I mentored to use as "decorations" in his reception area and conference room. (He is now a state appellate judge and still has my old books). I did keep some very old books, treatises, and "horn books" for myself because they are antiques. Nice!

Mary Terry,

Yes; I seen one woman who became an Attorney in Florida; first woman to be publicly autistic to pass the Florida BAR. I am in a tough spot right now due to COVID-19. I am being denied Medical and my medicine at the moment because I won't abridge my God-Given + Constitutionally Protected & Mandated Rights under U.S. Federal Constitution & Washington State Constitution. I am currently "scooting" down my stairs to get to my apartment and having severe Night Terrors. It's been tough. I wish Americans would return our Free Country. I won't fight in a fake court that isn't longitude and latitude; U.S. Const. Amend. I. protected and U.S. Const. Amend. XIV - Due Process of Law in a Public Constitutionally Guaranteed and Protected Court. ZOOM COVID-19 IPO (is NOT legal by any means); I strongly argue that any and all "opinions" and "decisions" "ruled" in "ZOOM COURT" can be overturned after High Treason and Seditious Conspiracy of all 50 Free States under the guise of Safety is over. It's clearly not a health issue; 4 vacccines + Corporate Mandates and Corporate Government over actual Local Government, Actual State Government and Actual Federal Government. Treason is Treason! Seditious Conspiracy is Seditious Conspiracy.

#WontBackDown

Best Regards,

~ Brandon Kastning
~ TruthSword
~ Disabled Pre-Law

WE THE PEOPLE ONLINE
WE THE PEOPLE - America, The Republic - Home
U.S. Const. Amend. I. (September 17, 1787)
U.S. Const. Amend. X. (September 17, 1787)
U.S. Const. Amend. XIII. (December 6, 1865)
U.S. Const. Amend. XIV. (July 9, 1868)
U.S. Const. Art. VI, Clause 2, 3 (September 17, 1787)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §1 (POLITICAL POWER) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §2 (SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §3 (PERSONAL RIGHTS) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §4 (RIGHT OF PETITION AND ASSEMBLAGE) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §5 (FREEDOM OF SPEECH) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §7 (INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §11 (RELIGIOUS FREEDOM) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §14 (EXCESSIVE BAIL, FINES AND PUNISHMENTS) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §17 (IMPRISONMENT FOR DEBT) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §18 (MILITARY POWER, LIMITATION OF) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §19 (FREEDOM OF ELECTIONS) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §27 (TREASON, DEFINED, ETC.) (November 11, 1889)
Wash. Const. Art. I, §29 (CONSTITUTION MANDATORY) (November 11, 1889)

Brandon - I'd like to add that autism does not preclude you from becoming an attorney although I'm sure you know that. I know an autistic attorney who specializes in disability law and makes a good living doing it. Attorney fees are statutory so she gets paid when she wins, and she knows disability law inside and out. She is a solo practitioner with a small staff and a single mother with several autistic children she is raising on her own. I think I'm the only attorney who knows that she is on the spectrum - something she told me in confidence after I referred a couple of clients to her and told her that I have autistic relatives. We kind of hit it off with each other.

Mary Terry,

Thank you! Likewise on the Job Well done to you also! That was very nice of you to give your old collection to a young attorney. Regarding "decorations"; I seen someone give away law collections for use as art projects; needless to say I was very upset. I couldn't intercept and salvage unfortunately. I also have been stocking up on many Horn Books (I have close to 30 on various topics).

I don't believe I have any treatises. How do those fit into law collections? Are they similar to Horn Books?

Treatises are similar to Horn Books. They are basically compilations of significant cases and textual explanations of those cases. Some ancient ones that I still have include:

Wharton's Criminal Evidence, 3 or 4 volumes of them
Restatement of the Law, multiple volumes
Cook on Contracts
Elliott on Contracts
Williston's Cases on Contracts
Currie on Federal Courts
Lilly on Evidence

You might look in thrift stores and second hand shops for old law books. Since legal research tools are now online, old law books are cheap to buy. Movie set directors sometimes buy them as props. Think of all the movies and TV shows about lawyers with law books in the background or piled up on desks as if the lawyer is studying them.

Mary Terry,

Thank you for sharing some of those titles of Treatises. I see those are much different than West Horn Books, Wolters Kluwer, etc.

I don't know if "Cause of Action" qualifies as a Treatises, I have several volumes in the series.

This information will help my research; I appreciate it Mary!

I was finding my Horn Books on "Half Price Books" in Washington State. Before COVID-19, I was using the online purchasing portal to find very discounted West Horn Books; varying from $5-15 per volume. I looked since and wasn't able to find many.

I think of them as books full of Keys for the Oppressed!

Hate to see them destroyed.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Treatises are similar to Horn Books. They are basically compilations of significant cases and textual explanations of those cases. Some ancient ones that I still have include:

Wharton's Criminal Evidence, 3 or 4 volumes of them
Restatement of the Law, multiple volumes
Cook on Contracts
Elliott on Contracts
Williston's Cases on Contracts
Currie on Federal Courts
Lilly on Evidence

You might look in thrift stores and second hand shops for old law books. Since legal research tools are now online, old law books are cheap to buy. Movie set directors sometimes buy them as props. Think of all the movies and TV shows about lawyers with law books in the background or piled up on desks as if the lawyer is studying them.

New Threads

Top Bottom