• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Damore

Hi,
This is my first time here, and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Daniel I am 43 years old and live in Texas. At the moment I don’t know if I am on the spectrum or not but most of my life I’ve always felt different. Growing up I was always the quiet shy kid and was told I would grow out of it. As I got older I figured I had some sort of social anxiety…I’ve never really had any friends and the thought of being social is overwhelming, even though in my mind i want to be the social, funny, talkative guy that people want to be around. i feel like people dont understand me. i dont know how to form meani gful relationships, so i hope to learn more about the spectrum. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Thanks for reading

1720665186078.png

Hi and welcome. You certainly have layed out a typical autism profile. Of course, we're not doctors here (I don't even play one on television), so we can't confirm your condition. But you should get good info here.

Welcome, lots to read here, and you may find yourself accepted at the same time. :)

Welcome. Different people present different traits. When I was growing up ,I think other children found me annoying because I liked to inform them of various random scientific facts about plants,animals,rocks, the weather ,ect. and would get obsessed with a certain movie or book for months at a time. I finally got diagnosed a couple of years ago at the age of 30.

Hello and welcome @Damore.

I think you can find some answers to the things you are wondering about if you stick around for awhile and partake in what the forum has to offer.

New Threads

Top Bottom