• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm new here and also new to the spectrum

It is never, ever too late!
A wise friend once said "your lack of happiness yesterday does not detract from your ability to be happy today". I have found this to be true!

Couldn't agree more!
I still have long way ahead, and I have you all here to help me!

But I finally know now, it's not too late, right?

As long as you are alive, it's never too late.
In the movie Jerry Vogel, Lloyd's father complained, as he lay on his death-bed, that he was just now learning how to live his life. Well, yes, it was late; he was dying, but as a result of what he learned, he got to have a happy ending. That's got to be worth a lot!

I don't have an issue like Lloyd has, but he also reminds me of myself.
I get angry simply because I want to protect something that's important for me. I have to be angry since childhood to be able to express my voice. The mom's scene got me crying hard. I feel like this scene tells me I don't have to get angry to protect anyone, I don't need to do that anymore and can release myself from the negative thoughts.
Yes, I also don't have an issue like Lloyd, but my takeaway from the movie is that everyone is unique. and everyone has difficulties. Autistic's do not have an exclusive on difficulties. The point I got was that EVERY individual struggles with issues, and that is OK. Lloyd said that he was "broken", But Fred said that no, he was not broken. He was OK just as he was.
My wife is an NT, I am autistic. I suffer many autistic difficulties that my wife does not and my wife suffers many NT difficulties that I do not. Neither of us are bad or defective or broken. We are unique. Long before I discovered that I am autistic and while learning to love my wife with all her issues, I learned that in reality; it is all our "defects" that make us perfect. That may sound conflicting, but as you go through life I think it will become clear.

New Threads

Top Bottom