• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can anyone think iPhone's, iPad's are more in use when Android devices like Oneplus and Pixel devices are far better?

I wonder if it's a right-brained or left-brained sorta thing. I started with apple but after I switched to android I haven't turned back.

Another thing about music storage. I keep my music in FLAC which is far superior and more universal but stupid iPhone's only support Alac no FLAC really.

So iOS doesn't support FLAC and you can't install an adblocker on the browser or use a different one? No thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you. I have no idea what any of that means, though. :)
Mp3s are lossy. That means that some information is lost when uncompressed and they play at a lower bitrate, hence some detail is lost and the sound quality is lower.

FLAC is lossless. This means that all the information is kept, it plays back at a higher bitrate and the sound quality is equal to that of a CD.

I know this is more of an anecdote, but I've had the reverse experience. I tried the Pixel 3A mostly for its camera quality and the phone completely died on me within about a year. My Apple devices hold up for a really long time.

I haven't tried iPhone, I have a Samsung with Android and I miss Nokia phones. Nokia was better than iPhone and Samsung combined. Not sure what happened, I think Nokia just gave up.

I have an iPhone. It sends and receives telephone calls and texts, and it takes photos. I never browse for anything on it, listen to music, watch videos or do anything with it except communication and an occasional photograph. Good enough for me. It fits my needs.

I have an iPhone. It sends and receives telephone calls and texts, and it takes photos. I never browse for anything on it, listen to music, watch videos or do anything with it except communication and an occasional photograph. Good enough for me. It fits my needs.

I do the same, telephone calls and texts, I think the screens are too small to use the internet or watch anything on phones. When they make a 19 inch phone screen I'll watch videos on it. :)

To be honest they spoiled their run when they banished Google Maps
I have had so many bad experiences with Apple’s map app. My work iPhone may as well be a third eyeball, installed by my employer without my consent. Google Maps is not available, so I use my personal iPhone for directions all day long.

Apple has done a great job of telling us what we want. Android says “ What do YOU want”. I want something that I can change or upgrade whenever I need. My wife wants something that just works whenever she needs it to. I had no choice but to switch to Apple so that I could learn it and be tech-support when she needs me to, but I’m an Android guy at heart.

For those who complained about software updates on android stick with Google pixel and oneplus devices.
I always avoid software updates on my iPhone. They’re really sneaky about changing benign stuff when the phone is 2 years old, presumably to entice us to upgrade.

Ex: My phone is probably 3 years old now (iPhone 8). My keyboard switches to Spanish at least twice per day.

They got busted a couple of years ago for secretly throttling down old iPhone’s processors. I could barely answer a call because of it. When word got out, they said it was to protect customers from losing service due to their aging phone batteries. It was total B.S. but it worked on me. I replaced my iPhone 5 with an 8, right before the story hit the news.

So iOS doesn't support FLAC and you can't install an adblocker on the browser or use a different one? No thanks!

There is an adblocker that works on it. It's a bit strange in how it functions, but it does work. Or at least, it works for me anyway. Mostly I just use it to watch Youtube videos when I'm traveling, and there's no way in heck that I'd watch Youtube WITHOUT an adblocker, so...

How effective the adblocker is on other sites, I have no idea. Youtube and TvTropes are literally the only two sites the iPad gets used on.

I always avoid software updates on my iPhone.

Yeah, same here, mostly. Sort of.

The iPad, I never allow it to update, period. I dont need any updates as I have no intention of installing anything or doing anything new/different with the stupid machine anyway, so it's fine as is and heck if I'm gonna let that company ruin it with something sneaky. It has never been updated and never will be.

The iPhone on the other hand, I couldnt care less about. Does it even update? I have no idea. Even if the thing gets slowed down because of updates I didnt bother to notice, well... honestly I probably wouldnt notice the effects. I imagine though that it has trouble updating anyway, what with being out of battery all the time.

I just don't understand why people think apple devices are so much better.
Take your pick....though personally I think I'll hold out for something based on Linux.

But in the 21st century it's not so much about who builds a better mousetrap, but rather who markets them better than their competition. After all, you don't want to make something that lasts, otherwise you can't consistently deliver all that equity to their shareholders. :rolleyes:

Consumer Reports- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
PC Magazine- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
Tom's Guide- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
ZDNet- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Digital Trends- Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max
Tech Radar- Samsung Galaxy S23

For those who complained about software updates on android stick with Google pixel and oneplus devices.
Telling people to stick to the more expensive phones is really not the counterargument against the lack of updates on Android phones by a lot of manufacturers that you think it is fam.

Like yeah OnePlus does have a range of phones ranging from budget to high-end but it's only the high-end phones that have a decently long policy of updates.

People should not be required to buy more expensive phones just to actually get updates on them, not everyone wants or can afford to drop hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a smartphone.

New Threads

Top Bottom