• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you deal with failure?

It’s hard to accept failure. It can be hard to move on and not think about things like that. I always tell myself that failure is not always a bad thing. You can take what you learn from your failures as life lessons you can use later on. You can learn a lot about failures.
So true. I've talked about my social failures, and even coming out of my cage and finally trying for a good relationship I had several failures. All of that taken together allowed me to grow and recognize in my future spouse the type of person I wanted to spend my life with. Now I think that all of that failure resulted in a great success in my life.

How do you guys keep pushing forward after numerous setbacks in life?. I’ve experienced it for a long time and I’ve yet to see much of anything good come from it
It depends on the kind of failure. Lately my musical failures really really disappoint me and I get hung up on the little mistakes I make, and I hate it when my brain second-guesses and I make tiny pauses, tiny flaws in my playing because everything else prior was so perfect yet it's a penny which derails a train. I highly suspect this is both my autism and CPTSD coming into play, and I worry that I'll never succeed in becoming better. It's so so so so so frustrating.

When the alternatives are suicide or homelessness, I'll take perseverance.

That's not in any way meant to blame all homeless people for their situation, just that it's an easy outcome of giving up when you have to support yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom