• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

how do you sit

Pats

V.I.P Member
csm_oyo_Sitzpositionen_e960188b7b.png

All my life I've preferred sitting up straight. I preferred sitting at a dining room table over sitting on a couch. I don't find reclining to be comfortable at all. I'm more like the first figure - sitting up, leaning forward. Every time I get into a car, whoever was there before has the seat so reclined I wonder if they enjoy looking at the ceiling.
The oddest thing I can remember - my dad and his family - the men had a tendency to squat. Every time we'd be visiting there was my dad, and one of two other men, sitting kind of on their ankle, one leg under them and one leg in front of them. You'd think that meant there were not enough chairs, but it wasn't that. lol
Anyhow - just wondering how many others out there do not like reclining and how IS your most comfortable or normal sitting position when you're at home relaxing? Okay - maybe never really relaxed, but you know what I mean. lol

Last edited:
I guess I usually shift between the first person (but not so slouchy and legs not so spread) and middle one.

That's because I'm on meds.

When not on my stimulants, I sit about 11 different ways.

The guy on the right is wearing an adult diaper.

Ok I literally LOL'd because I scrolled back up thinking, "Interesting I didn't notice anything strange about his clothes making him look like he was wearing diapers."

That's no adult diaper, that's an inhumanly, bizarrely huge, sextuple-X diaper.

Ok I literally LOL'd because I scrolled back up thinking, "Interesting I didn't notice anything strange about his clothes making him look like he was wearing diapers."

That's no adult diaper, that's an inhumanly, bizarrely huge, sextuple-X diaper.

That guy isn't going to cause anyone any 'problems'

Not like any of those pictures - I have my feet tucked up under the chair and crossed at the ankles, and my hands tucked under my thighs when I'm not typing. I'm guessing that those pictures are to promote the chairs. I coudn't sit like I am now and be comfortable on those chairs.

embeddedIMG_SittingPersonality_850px_1-600x600.jpg

this one would probably work better.
Oh, that's so me in social situations! I sit like the girl in green sometimes, or curled up into the armchair like the girl on the left, with my legs drawn up, but not usually cross - legged.

embeddedIMG_SittingPersonality_850px_1-600x600.jpg

this one would probably work better.

Soft surfaces are much more preferable. They give more sitting options. If I'm on a large soft chair or couch, I like to pull my feet up instead of leaving them hanging off the side. Although woman in blue jeans is pretty much the way I'd sit if I don't pull my legs up. I have a bad habit of often keeping legs crossed, so I have to constantly switch legs.

I sit in the normal position, though not with my back against the back of the chair most of the time, mainly a comfort thing

what is blyat?

It's Russian, but has no real English translation (supposedly it's for uh... "poop" (the explicit variety of said word), but I don't quite believe it), and it's a bit of a internet meme as well, typically a caption of the word on a image of a guy wearing a olive balaclava of sorts

New Threads

Top Bottom