• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How is your relationship with your memory?

For me, it depends on how I learned it. If I hear it in conversation, I remember the takeaway better than the details. If I’m adding to something I’m comfortable with, I remember details. I still remember sections of digital schematics that I haven’t seen in decades but sometimes struggle with my phone number or address.

I have good days and bad days, a bad day being a brain fog day where I'm really spaced out... this can be for a number or reasons, often related to medication, sleep or diet, or being overloaded/tired.

I have AMAZING memory when it comes to things i like and THE WORST when it is about stuff i dont really care about. And names. I always forget names BUT never faces or voices lol

I almost forgot to respond to this ha ha.

All those attributes to my knowledge do not pertain to me. Healthy, no stress, I exercise regularly and have always been this way. A very narrow focused memory.

I appreciate all the answers seems a common theme to some degree for everyone yet some have exceptional memory.
When we young we think differently, we do things youngsters do like take risks. I always heard stress was a killer n never really understood til I was much older with being responsible for other people and big decision making. I now agree it is a killer. What I never realised in my younger stride was the impact of mental health, it hit me one day, and I suppose that's when I was glad I chose psychology and not psychiatry as I had a so called 'clean palette' to work through what was going on.
Use it, abuse it, don't use it but you asked and maybe one day you remember back my words as I remembered them, stress is a killer!!!

I remember things surrounding my decisions because l usually think that out. I will remember events around significant other things happening. My daughter was accepted in masters, and here are the other things that happened that week, got rid of a car, picked up a beautiful recliner for boyfriend, checked a new Vietnamese restaurant, aand went to beach twice, and they were able to see carport roof fixed, and one gutter downspout reattached. Why do l remember, because my daughter got accepted.

New Threads

Top Bottom