• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to replace The Chair (eternal pile of worn clothes in the bedroom which are too clean for laundry)

How about this? Here's what I used to do:

When I would wear something for the first time, I would put it back on the hanger but before I hung it in the closet I would put a safety pin on the top part of the hanger. That indicated that item had been worn once. The next time I wore that item, I added another safety pin. Now its obvious that has been worn twice. This eliminates "the chair" plus clothes look better on subsequent wearings having been hung up between rather than tossed on a pile. If you don't have safety pins, paper clips would work as well.

Hope this helps...

I have a 25 sq. foot area with a two chairs, and three small-tables on the side of my dining area in my apt. contain misc. junk e.g., smalls whose purposes are a challenge to determine, and books. Need to sort-through to see what is to be kept, donated, or even sold.

The only clothes (pants, shirts) placed on my chair are definately clean!

How about this? Here's what I used to do:

When I would wear something for the first time, I would put it back on the hanger but before I hung it in the closet I would put a safety pin on the top part of the hanger. That indicated that item had been worn once. The next time I wore that item, I added another safety pin. Now its obvious that has been worn twice. This eliminates "the chair" plus clothes look better on subsequent wearings having been hung up between rather than tossed on a pile. If you don't have safety pins, paper clips would work as well.

Hope this helps...
Perhaps we need to separate the used clothes from the others just so they don't rub against too many of the clean ones. Like say in the left side clean, right side worn.

New Threads

Top Bottom