• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to stop samefooding

I can't tell if it's a hunger issue or not, but nothing helps me go crazy for protein like lifting weights or stationary cycling on max resistance. Being sedentary makes me stop eating, too, like my body doesn't even need the fuel.

I can't tell if it's a hunger issue or not, but nothing helps me go crazy for protein like lifting weights or stationary cycling on max resistance. Being sedentary makes me stop eating, too, like my body doesn't even need the fuel.
I'm quite similar, mostly. Your body seems to know what it needs.

I use a protein supplement when I want to lose weight but not muscle. A proper supplement, 80% protein and 0 calories. I accidentally ordered Biscuit flavour but it's actually fairly nice.

R1PROTEIN_76__54348.1493135490.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I have been doing most of this summer.

Cooking a variety of things in the crock pot and then whirring
them up in the blender. To an applesauce or baby food texture.

I have been using this stuff to make biscuits.

This way I can sneak vegetables in.

I have frozen the excess for later.

Some combinations:
mushrooms and green beans
broccoli, green beans, snap peas, apple
carrot, kale, bok choi, apple
patty pan, zucchini,peas, a little pineapple

Great suggestions! I've been sneaking vegetables into food for years, so the kids/grandkids don't know it's there. I can hide carrots in almost anything. I also like to cook vegetables in the crockpot and then use an immersion blender to turn it into a rich cream soup, a perfect cold winter night meal. Yum. :)

I've eaten vegemite and liked it on toast. It's salty.

My sister was in Australia and she was exposed to vegemite there. She hasn't been herself since, the family is hoping that one day she will get over it and be able to live a normal life again. ;)

I very much liked meal replacement shakes - they are often used by people who are dieting to replace meals that would otherwise add a load of unnecessary calories, but they can also be used by people who want to gain weight or obtain nutrition when they have difficulty with food. They were recommended to me by my doctors when I was on chemo and not eating well.

For example, in the UK we have the Slimfast brand:

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 15.20.40.png

They're quite sweet and tasty, and you can gulp them down straight from the fridge.

New Threads

Top Bottom