• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Howdy.

Rabscuttle

Hello everyone. I set this account up a few weeks ago... well, more than a few weeks, I suppose. But I've been lurking around listening to the conversation long enough, and I think it's time I joined in.

I suspect that this portion of my story is much like many of yours- a life of not actually struggling to fit in, since no one else seemed especially happy about their own lives. I was happy with my books and my computers. I wasn't different, I was just me. And then one day, long after I'd struggled my way into adult life, I stumble across a book that gave me answers I didn't even know I was looking for. There followed a long period of heavy reading, and part of me wishes I'd kept track of whether my most common thought was "so it's not just me" or "wait, doesn't everyone do that?".

But eventually, I figured I'd come to the fountainhead; I know my own experiences, but your stories can help me fill in some of the blanks. Thanks to all for what you've given me so far, and I hope I can return the favor.

Welcome Rabscuttle.
Nice to hear you've found answers here.
Most of us are always still seeking also. Anything you have to add about your life and experiences
I'm sure we would find interesting.

Hi Rabscuttle

welcome to af.png

Welcome, @Rabscuttle. I hope you find this forum as welcoming and helpful as I have.

Side comment: One of my favorite things about this forum is seeing the creative login names everyone comes up with for themselves. Yours is one such.

Hello Rabscuttle! I recognized the name, but didn't know from where til I googled it. I was thinking Redwall but it was Watership Down. Missed it by a hare. Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom