• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don’t want to vent anymore.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I want to live.

Leave the past in the past and the future in the future. Life is happening right now. I am a work in progress and will always be. I can find contentment in that.

This is good, to be present. I have to remind myself from time to time to get out of the past.
Barely related comment: Makes me think of the Le Matos song The Sounds of Nora. A common verse is “in the future… I can see the past now”

Last edited:
Friends and family are an excellent place to be in the here-and-now, so if you would please find me some. Kthx.

Oh, I know, I could go do something with my wrecked health following a procession of head injuries.

This is actually a very Buddhist way of thinking. Not to dwell on the past or think that the future will solve all one's problems, but to be present in the present moment. It is part of Buddha's idea of the Middle Path.

I want to live.

Leave the past in the past and the future in the future. Life is happening right now. I am a work in progress and will always be. I can find contentment in that.
Good for you!

Albert Einstein, once said something to the effect:
Life is like a bicycle. to stay balanced you must keep moving forward.

This is actually a very Buddhist way of thinking. Not to dwell on the past or think that the future will solve all one's problems, but to be present in the present moment. It is part of Buddha's idea of the Middle Path.

Good for you!

Albert Einstein, once said something to the effect:
Life is like a bicycle. to stay balanced you must keep moving forward.
I have no life. My life's been utterly destroyed. It only impressed on me how indifferent people are to tell me to live with what I have, so when I sit and stare at my bellybutton, well now that's vanity. I can always throw myself in a woodchipper so that I don't have a bellybutton to stare at anymore, and now I can stop living in the past, and mulling about the fact that I have nothing.

I have no life. My life's been utterly destroyed. It only impressed on me how indifferent people are to tell me to live with what I have, so when I sit and stare at my bellybutton, well now that's vanity. I can always throw myself in a woodchipper so that I don't have a bellybutton to stare at anymore, and now I can stop living in the past, and mulling about the fact that I have nothing.

Another helpful quote, from Soviet dissident Aleksandr Solzhenistiyn:

You only have power over another man so long as you have not taken everything away from him. Once you have taken everything away from him, you no longer have power over him.

Today, I could be complaining because I showed up to the office drenched in rainwater because taking the bus to work is what I do.

Then I think about what people on the East Coast are dealing with currently, and somehow I am grateful I don't have to deal with that kind of extreme weather.

I still am itching to go back home and take a piping hot shower, slip into my PJs, make a cup of herbal tea, and chill on a Friday night, though.

Another weekend home alone with my thoughts, and my brain loves to zero in on my past. I do not feel like watching movies or playing games. I feel like sleeping and taking NyQuil until Monday morning.

I am not going to talk about these thoughts here right now. I am just going to try to sleep.

New Threads

Top Bottom