• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like it's time for me to lay down and give up on everything

In my reply to Rodafina, in the part where I typed "After my favorite guitarist, Eddie Van Halen, passed away, I learned that, in a way, he and I had something in common. When he and his brother, Alex Van Halen, came to the USA from the Netherlands when they were kids in the 1960s, all they had was each other. They didn't speak English at first, they got viciously bullied, and they became closer than ever to each other. The difference was that they made more friends during childhood than my brother and I ever made," I made a mistake.

Not only did I miss putting a period at the end of it, I meant to type this: After my favorite guitarist, Eddie Van Halen, passed away, I learned that, in a way, he and I had something in common. When he and his brother, Alex Van Halen, came to the USA from the Netherlands when they were kids in the 1960s, all they had was each other. They didn't speak English at first, they got viciously bullied, and they became closer than ever to each other -- the part where all my brother and I had as friends was each other is the part that's similar to how things were with the Van Halen brothers. The difference was that they made more friends during childhood than my brother and I ever made.

I guess when I make mistakes, I'm kind of hard on myself. I wonder if anyone else here is like that?

New Threads

Top Bottom