• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I may have just been very very naughty in the comments section. Not nice at all to the peasants.

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I was a little naughty. I was watching Facebook reels trying to fall asleep and this video popped up. It's all about how someone claims to have cured their child of autism. Making them "Normal". Because, oh goodness, we all want to be normies.

So um, I was a little naughty, and I may have chewed out the comments section. I'm the first commenter in the first screenshot.

There are a few more screenshots, just to show you how Neurotypicals often think of their autistic children. It's so messed up.

I usually don't comment on videos, and when I do, I never ever ever say anything mean. But this just chapped my hide. I even had to blur out a swear word, so it could be family friendly for this site.

1720087916957.png

Here it is up close if you couldn't read it. Yes, I should have held my tongue, but oh goodness, it felt so good to vent like that to the Neurotypicals.

1720088094601.png

An autistic woman says that it's not curable. All these neurotypical commenters plead with her to try heavy metal detoxing.
1720087052186.png

"My biggest fear is I don't vaccinate any of my kids but my 3year old is delayed in speech."

Your biggest fear? Like out of any horrible thing that could happen?
1720087094351.png

"I did something similar and brought my son back from his first MMR."

Oh you poor mother, aren't you happy your son is back? It must have been so difficult to be without your son.

1720087146211.png

Anyway, rant over. If I get any commenters pleading with my poor little mercury poisoned self to swallow powdered clay and diatomaceous earth (kitty litter) and to stop eating gluten, I'll screenshot them in the comments here.

Attachments

• 1720086887015.png
    1720086887015.png
    487.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1720087005657.png
    1720087005657.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Nobody is telling Elon Musk to metal detox. I want to ask these parents to celebrate their children's differences.

You can't remove Mercury from the body. It stays there for good. It can't be "pulled out" 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

And as for vaccines. I know a kid who wasn't vaccinated till before school age, because no one can attend school here missing vaccines, and she had autism at age 2 or 3.
🙈

THIS is why socail media sites, like Facebook, need to be cleansed from the earth. It's not just solely because of stuff like this. Even though this, on it's own, is a good enough reason. But because people on these websites are uninformed idiots that believe whatever is said. They're braindead lemmings.

"Use mercury".

Yeah... how about quit poisoning your flipping childern because they have Autism!

They are the ones that need help. Not us. A psych ward would do nicely for people like this.

They are the ones that need help. Not us. A psych ward would do nicely for people like this.
I imagine a day when we walk free and people seek therapy for babbling on about stars they'll never meet, getting emotionally involved with made up stories on the TV and spending the majority of their waking life wasting time jostling for social position when we all end up under the same earth.

So many replies on my Facebook reels comment already. Almost twenty. Harmful speech masqueraded as curative (pseudo)science. A lot of them being pseudo bullying. It feels like the playground all over again. I think I'm going to delete my comment.

Edit: Even more people in the minute or two since I first posted this comment, on Facebook, replied to me, posting either bullying or harmful pseudoscience. I deleted my comment. I reported the video for promoting child abuse (it had such horrible recommendations- even said to use a hyperbaric chamber on a grade school kid). And I blocked the channel.

I knew I shouldn't have posted that comment. But you know, your guys' replies here on the forums helped me feel validated. I know what I said was right. And they were wrong. They were a big group of bullies (19 replies in about an hour and a half, some meaner than others), and I just couldn't handle it.

Last edited:
How do you change Autismforums to Dark Mode?
You can change it in your PC's settings. On mine (Mac) it's in settings>general>appearance: light, dark, auto

But it's for everything, not for a specific website.

Huh. No, for some reason the website still is in bright mode. My bad. Please ignore. This is weird.

Last edited:
You can change it in your PC's settings. On mine (Mac) it's in settings>general>appearance: light, dark, auto

But it's for everything, not for a specific website.

Huh. No, for some reason the website still is in bright mode. My bad. Please ignore. This is weird.
Maybe change the browser to dark mode?

I imagine a day when we walk free and people seek therapy for babbling on about stars they'll never meet

This, to me, is one of the causes of this kind of behavior.

I see it on Youtube a lot, where fans will develop these parasocial relationships with their favorite content creators, sorta internally viewing them as "friends" (when of course the Youtuber barely even registers their existence), and generally that sort of connection... even if it's only one way... tends to lead towards people to agree with whatever the content creator says. Wheras if some random person, who they didnt know whatsoever, said the exact same thing, they'd have at least a chance of disagreeing with or not believing them. But their favorite content creator or influencer? That parasocial connection means they're much more willing to just follow that particular parade without really thinking about it. Because doing that fuels the feeling of that connection, while NOT doing it feels like... I dunno, betraying the friend they dont actually have.

At least, that's how I see it, from watching how people behave. I dont use Facebook or Twitter or any of that, but Youtube's comments sections display a lot of the same patterns and such that you'd get on Facebook. It's usually seen with the more erratic and exaggerated influencers, the loud ones.

And then all of the resulting zombies can roam into other sections of the site and cause trouble. Ever seen a "raid"? That's like, top tier stupid.

All the more reason why I tend to stick to just channels that are like, hobby stuff.

Sometimes I feel like the stupid one when caught up in debates online, because the way the others use big words in their well-explained posts just makes their side of the argument winnable even if they're wrong or just think their views are much more valid than mine. But I never want to back down, but at the same time I can't think of the right thing to say to win the battle of words, so I become combative instead. And some people believe that if you react with emotion then it means you're guilty of being what they're accusing you of. Never, ever argue with those types, because that's what they want you to do, they want to call you all these derogatory names so that you will get all wound up and act out as self-defense, and then they can say "I told you so!"

So, for example, if somebody online calls me a hurtful insult because I don't have the same views as them, instead of getting angry or emotional, to prove I'm innocent, I have to remember to say "why do you say that?" That just gives them the opportunity to justify their accusations against you. So however you react to an insult, they'll win. But it doesn't always make them right.

Their attitude is "even if you get a fact wrong because you didn't know, we still have the right to rudely kick off at you". No, that's not it at all. I don't mind being corrected but I do not like insults being hurled at me.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom