• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I may have just been very very naughty in the comments section. Not nice at all to the peasants.

All I have to say about parents like this is, wait. Wait until the child grows up to be a teen, a young adult, and realizes he's been autistic the whole time, perhaps never receiving the help he actually needed as a kid, and his parents are full of, well..."baloney" having denied it.

There are a few more screenshots, just to show you how Neurotypicals often think of their autistic children. It's so messed up.

It is horrifying. I worked for years with disabled (intellectual and developmental) people, and you hear some nasty things. From parents and staff. Not knowing I'm Autistic, they assumed I'd agree. Comments still easily slipped out, when I was with staff who knew I was Autistic.

They call us blunt, but many NTs will happily tell you how worthless you are. Or discuss your "odd" traits and expect you to justify them, even if they are not affected. This is considered okay because you are different. I would call it blunt and rude.

Fortunately, most parents I met were not like that.

Thank you for the post, Yeshuasdaughter.

It's dark now, yay

1720109549217.png

You shouldn't have deleted that comment. Normies need a good clue-by-four application every so often.

Heavy metal detox? YOU WILL HAVE MY METALLICA AND IRON MAIDEN CD'S WHEN YOU PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why do normies think that being autistic is the most horrible awful thing in the world and must be cured at any cost including a bullet to the head? What about being a quadriplegic who relies on a breathing machine and feeding tubes and can only communicate via eye blinks? Oh no, he's a hero, but the autistic guy needs to be turned into a normal person. If you ask them it's all about their fourth cousin in Duluth whose autistic son goes on 12 hour marathon meltdowns during which he destroys the house and communicates by screaming at the top of his lungs. They refuse to believe that autism is a spectrum.

Sorry y'all but this sort of normie stupid as seen in those comments really chaps my lips, and where I live chapped lips are a big deal.

I think you did good. These kind of people need to hear this stuff, and how hurtful they are being. Maybe someday they can even develop a sense of "empathy" for us.

Yet another painful reminder of the ongoing holocaust involving those who have non-standard brains.
Just ask an Indigenous American if they think that the genocide of their people has slowed down even a little bit because Congress passed a few small laws. You may want to have comfortable athletic shoes on.

You are allowed to discuss it as long as you don't promote harmful conspiracies about them. At least that's my recollection of the guidelines. It isn't mentioned in the main rules.
Oh I see. Just there's a whole (sticky) thread dedicated to it, although I never read it really because I'm not really interested in autism and vaccines, but all I could see was the words autism and vaccines in its title so I assumed it meant don't discuss anything to do with autism and vaccines.

This, to me, is one of the causes of this kind of behavior.

I see it on Youtube a lot, where fans will develop these parasocial relationships with their favorite content creators, sorta internally viewing them as "friends" (when of course the Youtuber barely even registers their existence), and generally that sort of connection... even if it's only one way... tends to lead towards people to agree with whatever the content creator says. Wheras if some random person, who they didnt know whatsoever, said the exact same thing, they'd have at least a chance of disagreeing with or not believing them. But their favorite content creator or influencer? That parasocial connection means they're much more willing to just follow that particular parade without really thinking about it. Because doing that fuels the feeling of that connection, while NOT doing it feels like... I dunno, betraying the friend they dont actually have.

At least, that's how I see it, from watching how people behave. I dont use Facebook or Twitter or any of that, but Youtube's comments sections display a lot of the same patterns and such that you'd get on Facebook. It's usually seen with the more erratic and exaggerated influencers, the loud ones.

And then all of the resulting zombies can roam into other sections of the site and cause trouble. Ever seen a "raid"? That's like, top tier stupid.

All the more reason why I tend to stick to just channels that are like, hobby stuff.
Yeah, i think you're right. That's a great insight. Relating back to the prediction vs sensed idea of the human brain, I would guess that social relationships are widely used in the brain as heuristics to avoid the need for costly reasoning. i.e. "Person with prestige that I want to be says x, so x must be true". As autistic people tend to have amplified sensory input, that might be less so for people on the spectrum as we're forced to notice sensory information more. In many situations that heuristic is a useful one, because you get to 'stand on the shoulders of giants' by leveraging other people's hard earned wisdom. Other times, less so, as with social media.

One of the problems with social media is that it has moved the bottleneck in communicating knowledge from the distribution of information to the consumption (i.e. human attention). The old bottleneck meant there needed to be some merit in what you had to say for it to be communicated to the masses (though of course that wasn't always the case, e.g. UK tabloids). But now that barrier isn't there, and instead the pinch point is what people can take onboard, and they can use faulty heuristics to do so.

Maybe who we are will help us transverse this digital divide of our new reality of AI, and implanted microchips, when our NT comrades will fall woefully behind. Maybe we will co-exist one day, l just don't want to be segregated.

Methylmercury can be removed from the body by chelation. It takes weeks to months. Thimerosal never contained methylmercury. It contained ethyl mercury which the body clears out on its own quickly.

Thimerosal is no longer used in vaccines. They started phasing it out in 1999. People who refuse vaccines to their children are dupes being mindlessly led around by influencers. But people will believe what they want to believe because it is more comforting to think there's something they can do other than accept an unpleasant reality.

I also love that the mystically named "Diatomaceous earth", which is composed of some fairly run of the mill elements, always gets named with this sort of thing. Not quite sure how an abrasive clay is meant to head into the brain, and what it's meant to do when it gets there, but 🤷‍♂️ why not eh?

If I were one of these shrieking, scaremongered helicopter parents, I'd be more worried about PFAS/PFOS chemicals in our food & water that's contaminating everybody and causing cancer to run rife. Might indeed have adverse effects on the health of any child.

But that's not something one can make into a personal crusade and a brand, is it? Or use as a convenient cane of bigotry, to wave and jab and thrust at people who seem too different and weird to share oxygen with?

Truly, hyperindividualism and a lack of class consciousness is a major factor in the self-destructiveness of humanity, particularly NTs. It's 'care about my own kids, not the ones sweating and beaten and starved 12 hours a day in a factory to make the Jojo Maman Bebe in which I dress mine'.

You may have been a bit naughty, but I think you deserve a medal for telling these autism moms off. They mainly want others to feel sorry for them for having an autistic child. If you tell them you feel bad for their kid because they don't accept their child for who they are, they'll naturally say how evil and horrible you are and of course the other autism mommies will agree with them.

One day the autism mommies will be old and alone, and wonder why their kids never write, call or visit them.

New Threads

Top Bottom