• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If money were no object, how do you want your funeral to be like?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Well, first I would get myself cremated, then I would have an authentic ‘70s disco created. I am dead just like disco is dead. Then I would have a massive dance party, and at the end, my ashes would fall from the ceiling while It’s Raining Men is playing.

Joke answers are obviously welcome in this thread.

I really don't care. I'll be dead.

Funerals aren't for the deceased but for the grieving; I'll leave it up to them what they want to do.

Putting me in a clearing in a forest would be ideal. No service, no expensive coffin or tombstone. Just returning to nature to be recycled.

There won't be one. My ashes will simply be tossed into a dumpster. With two persons pursuing whatever cash assets I have left with the state in the event there's no will.

Gee, that was easy. :rolleyes:

Since I am from New Orleans, I would want a traditional Jazz Funeral. There would be a procession from the church to the cemetery with a horse drawn carriage hearse for the coffin and brass band to lead the on foot procession. After playing A Closer Walk with Me, they would play Down By The Riverside, which would be followed by more lively songs like Lil Liza Jane, etc ... this is when the second line would begin and people would dance through the streets to the cemetery.

If anybody is grieving me, they should dig my grave by hand. That should help them get over it. Apart from that, my top priority is to avoid any expenses. If possible, I'd like to be fed to wild dogs and birds.

My body is going to a medical school. So, if money were no object I would wish those who dissect me to be treated to a nice trip on the Green River from the Gates of Lodore to the take-out at Dinosaur National Monument.

Last edited:
I want on the left of the room to have seats for people with clear signage indicating that it's where the "People" should sit. And on the right, a much larger section, of seating reserved for ducks and since ducks can't read, their sign is a picture of a duck--the picture on all my posts. Thank you and goodnight.

Money wouldn't be the issue, but human mores would.
I'd prefer it if my corpse was dropped from a helicopter into some impenetrable foliage/ topography
in the mid-high elevations of the Sierra. The critters and plants can benefit some from the addition of
minerals and protein. And why not? I am done using it after all.

I've never really given it much thought other than saying I didn't want my relatives spending a huge fortune to throw me in the ground, I won't care anyway because I'll be dead. It's only the people still living that care. Or don't care.

Also one time I decided that I wanted to be buried in a way that allows me to decompose naturally in order to give nutrients to the earth instead of pumped up full of chemicals. At least then my existing in the first place won't be a total waste.

I've never really given it much thought other than saying I didn't want my relatives spending a huge fortune to throw me in the ground, I won't care anyway because I'll be dead. It's only the people still living that care. Or don't care.

Also one time I decided that I wanted to be buried in a way that allows me to decompose naturally in order to give nutrients to the earth instead of pumped up full of chemicals. At least then my existing in the first place won't be a total waste.
I like the idea of a natural funeral. I don't even want a tombstone or marker. When leaving, it's best not to look back.

My joke answer is always, "Cremate me and flush me down the toilet like a goldfish". The illusion of being remembered wears off after about 50 years, so I never understood the concept of having a headstone and all of that garbage. Being erased forever, as we all inevitably will be one day, is a fate that I can accept.

I will have no say in what happens to me, because I'll be dead, and I have no idea when that will be.
I'm more concerned about what my family would do with me and with my belongings and my pets.
If I have any indication that I'm going to die soon, I will get rid of my phone and my computer. I don't want my family to have access to all the stuff I've said about them, because that will likely dictate what they do to my belongings and my animals.

I hope I don't outlive my significant other or my best friend, because I would rather have them in charge of my funeral and my personal possessions, and any pets or children, than any of my family members.

If money is no object for my funeral, then I will spend it all up while I am alive!

This is a question for my loved ones, not for me.

I will have no say in what happens to me, because I'll be dead, and I have no idea when that will be.
I'm more concerned about what my family would do with me and with my belongings and my pets.
If I have any indication that I'm going to die soon, I will get rid of my phone and my computer. I don't want my family to have access to all the stuff I've said about them, because that will likely dictate what they do to my belongings and my animals.

I hope I don't outlive my significant other or my best friend, because I would rather have them in charge of my funeral and my personal possessions, and any pets or children, than any of my family members.
It is possible to stipulate in a Will that your heir, as a condition of inheriting any possessions of value, must take care of any animals that you have at the time of your death.

New Threads

Top Bottom