• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I’m starting therapy for the first time today

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
The therapy program will last for 4-6 weeks. I will have three sessions a week in the evenings from 6-9pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The therapy sessions will be done with a group of people that have similar mental health issues.

Also turns out my symptoms aren’t bipolar disorder, thank goodness, and it’s all my AuDHD symptoms that are very similar. This is why a lot of autistic adults will often be misdiagnosed with bipolar or BPD when their symptoms better fit autism, especially in women when their symptoms tend to be more covert (such as masking their symptoms so they can present as “normal).

Good luck to you!!

I understand. I had the same issue, believing for many years that I had bipolar II. Special interests and passions for certain things look a bit like hypomania.

Good luck with that!
Therapies changed my life for the better, and I remember I was ashamed in the start to go there, thinking "Oh, come on, I can solve my own problems without the help of outsiders". Well, I sure can, but I do need first to understand what those problems are and how to fix them, and that's with what therapies help me.
Hope they'll be helpful to you as well! 💚

Glad to hear this. I've always heard that being in therapy with peers that also struggle similarly helps alot. Aiming for the same goal of a better life.

It must be freeing to find out you don't have Bi-Polar Disorder.

Great steps here of taking control of your life, and understanding yourself. You go mysterionz. Emotional regulation has been a lifelong lesson for me. Just feeling comfortable in my body, and feelings, and not shaming myself. I really work hard with identifying my feelings, how they make me feel, and let go of them. But first? I had to stop ruminating, something we are prone to do. Also, black and white thinking. Needed to relax a bit in my views, yet still keep my boundaries and personal security as my number one concern 24/7.

Last edited:
@mysterionz

I hope this goes well for you and that you learn a lot about yourself as you go through the process. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes if you feel like sharing. 🌈

New Threads

Top Bottom