• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is my obsession with only wanting certain types of friends aka single women sabotaging any friendships?

You make some good points, but Tony needs to seek out women his age which is 47. To put it bluntly, I believe few "young women" are going to be interested in him. He is middle aged. Twenty-somethings are not going to be attracted to him or want to "hang" with him on their own. He's old enough to be their father.
:) You are correct. Yeah, it's a different maturity level and psychology dealing with a middle-aged woman. I wouldn't characterize it as better or worse, but different, for sure. But who knows, he might find someone with "daddy issues". Kidding, of course.

Madison did hurt you, but a mature person says this person hurt me, l am angry, frustrated, sad, feel used, feel betrayed, okay, now l need to move on with those thoughts and release them. l need to understand there are hurtful people out there, men and woman. l need to go slowly into relationships, and make sure that those l hang out with aren't just stringing me along and being insincere. Yes, there are those out there who are insincere, and you just need to cut them off when you figure it out, (emotionally toxic people). Until you accept this, you will feel very angry at all females in general.

Madison did hurt you, but a mature person says this person hurt me, l am angry, frustrated, sad, feel used, feel betrayed, okay, now l need to move on with those thoughts and release them. l need to understand there are hurtful people out there, men and woman. l need to go slowly into relationships, and make sure that those l hang out with are just stringing me along and being insincere. Yes, there are those out there who are insincere, and you just need to cut them off when you figure it out, (emotionally toxic people).
100% second what Aspychata has to say. With emphasis on learning to let go of those thoughts. Resentment gets you nowhere.

yeah im sorry to say this, but i do believe you Tony, you have worse problems that go beyond just Autism, or you just have more than just autism that has contributed to how your life has been for many years now, yes i do believe your parents and family failed you, a very poor childhood too.

yeah im sorry to say this, but i do believe you Tony, you have worse problems that go beyond just Autism, or you just have more than just autism that has contributed to how your life has been for many years now, yes i do believe your parents and family failed you, a very poor childhood too.
In light of that,
what do you recommend?

You make some good points, but Tony needs to seek out women his age which is 47. To put it bluntly, I believe few "young women" are going to be interested in him. He is middle aged. Twenty-somethings are not going to be attracted to him or want to "hang" with him on their own. He's old enough to be their father.
Some may be into age gap relationships. There are some groups about that on FetLife.

Some may be into age gap relationships. There are some groups about that on FetLife.
Agree and I see it all the time around NYC and it's normal. I still have all of my hair. Also people never believe how old I am. I was even told once I look like I was 27 years old 20 years younger and the oldest 35 years old. I tell people when they ask my age, when did the first original Star Wars movie come out with Carrey Fisher, Mark Hammond and Harrison Ford? Then never believe it's 1977.

All my cousins even one born in 1980 who just got married lucky b, looks much older and I know his damn wife is younger.

Things with you don't add up very well, because your ASD 1 even in a male doesn't explain your posting style. You seem physically well as you haven't mentioned medical conditions.

Nobody can diagnose online, I am not into armchair diagnosing, but you clearly do not seem happy to say the least. To me you seem at least a bit depressed. There are mental health forums out there. I don't post here, but this is a recognised one here.
https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/
I don't know that much about depression.
I am sure Tony knows how to find a younger partner, if they are still doing ordered partners. It seems they do not wish to do that.

If you have depression you need to speak to someone, your GP who you could tell your issues and they could send you for an assessment. You can write things down before you go and just write everything what you feel.
Cannot you do not voluntary work as well? Sometimes too much time on your hands is not always a good thing.
Try and do things you used to enjoy if you don't.
May be write a journal and you don't have to share it with anyone and use that instead of posting multiple threads on the same topic. Learn to sit on it a bit and reflect if you really want to post it.

Last edited:
True, but I doubt you'll find many of them at church. Is "FetLife" a fetish lifestyle blog?

"FetLife is a social networking website that serves people interested in BDSM, fetishism, and kink. On its homepage, FetLife describes itself as 'Like Facebook, but run by kinksters like you and me.' The 'Fet' in the name refers to 'fetish'. FetLife distinguishes itself from competitors by emphasizing itself as a social network rather than a dating site."

FetLife - Wikipedia

"FetLife is a social networking website that serves people interested in BDSM, fetishism, and kink. On its homepage, FetLife describes itself as 'Like Facebook, but run by kinksters like you and me.' The 'Fet' in the name refers to 'fetish'. FetLife distinguishes itself from competitors by emphasizing itself as a social network rather than a dating site."

FetLife - Wikipedia
Don't get me started on that. The things I imagined to the women other women did who ostracized me especially when I was a young adult in college I thought I was alone.

What a relief when I found out I was not alone that there are entire websites mostly paid or leaked on adult sites in poorly quality video quality, forums and artwork mostly Japanese sites I won't link any here I felt relief. Yes I spent hundreds of dollars on those videos purchases.

What a relief when I found out I was not alone that there are entire websites mostly paid or leaked on adult sites in poorly quality video quality, forums and artwork mostly Japanese sites I won't link any here I felt relief. Yes I spent hundreds of dollars on those videos purchases.
So, you do have the agency and means to help yourself - allowing an unconventional definition of "help." This same agency which allowed you to find and spend money on an outlet could easily extend to travel, therapy, losing weight, applying for a job, etc.

I don't know what your purpose is in posting all these threads, as they consistently return to the same complaints and same refusal of taking advice.

But it does strike me that these threads are very, very effective at getting responses, both positive and negative. There is just enough self-awareness, just enough provocation to keep the attention coming in from other posters. I don't know if that's a conscious effort on your part or not. I'm simply making an objective observation.

But I don't think I can say anything from here out on except sharing this link.

So, you do have the agency and means to help yourself - allowing an unconventional definition of "help." This same agency which allowed you to find and spend money on an outlet could easily extend to travel, therapy, losing weight, applying for a job, etc.

I don't know what your purpose is in posting all these threads, as they consistently return to the same complaints and same refusal of taking advice.

But it does strike me that these threads are very, very effective at getting responses, both positive and negative. There is just enough self-awareness, just enough provocation to keep the attention coming in from other posters. I don't know if that's a conscious effort on your part or not. I'm simply making an objective observation.

But I don't think I can say anything from here out on except sharing this link.
When I click the link, it goes to a map of northwest lower Michigan,
therapists accepting Medicaid.

So....this link customizes the result according to who ever is accessing it?

New Threads

Top Bottom