• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last person to post wins.

C63FE6F8-823F-4A11-974C-1873195B8EFB.jpeg

^ Absolutely!
Ren and stimpy is considered a very popular television show, alright? There was an episode that is banned called “man’s best friend” due to a scene where Ren violently beats another character with an oar. The show revolves around slapstick humor, but this was too much for a kids show on Nickelodeon, so they pulled it. Toilet humor that went too far also lead to the banning of this episode.

Ren and stimpy is considered a very popular television show, alright? There was an episode that is banned called “man’s best friend” due to a scene where Ren violently beats another character with an oar. The show revolves around slapstick humor, but this was too much for a kids show on Nickelodeon, so they pulled it. Toilet humor that went too far also lead to the banning of this episode.
Thanks! I didn't know that. I actually got to see one of their shorts (it's the one where Ren and Stimpy are in the pound) at an animation festival before the show was on TV. That was a really cool night and I was so excited when the show was on TV, then.

^ Absolutely!
Then a not so G rated spin-off was announced and ran for only six episodes (three unaired) that contained very very nsfw content and only aired on adult swim. After the man’s best friend episode, the creator of ren and stimpy (John Kricfalusi) was fired from the show he created in fear the show would take a not so family friendly direction.

This has happened with other cartoons, most notably cow and chicken + Dexter’s laboratory. The lost dexter’s lab episode got pulled due to the plot line having excessive swearing for a Cartoon Network show and the cow and chicken episode “Buffalo gals” got pulled due to containing an adult innuendo pertaining to a discriminatory term towards lesbians.

Then a not so G rated spin-off was announced and ran for only six episodes (three unaired) that contained very very nsfw content and only aired on adult swim. After the man’s best friend episode, the creator of ren and stimpy (John Kricfalusi) was fired from the show he created in fear the show would take a not so family friendly direction.
I've also read that Kricfalusi groomed some young women who wanted careers in animation. It's very sad.

This was always my favorite Nickelodeon show, and it's still enjoyable as an adult:

The Adventures of Pete & Pete - Wikipedia

The Adventures of Pete & Pete (TV Series 1992–1996) - IMDb

(I'm impressed by your knowledge of cartoons, btw.)

New Threads

Top Bottom