• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Learning how to text !!

Yeah, you say that but you don't know how it is from a man's perspective. Although, I do agree, but it means if I don't lie or hide my views that means no relationships and most likely no sex as well until 3 more years living in this cesspool. So, the answer seems obviously but I constantly struggle with if I should lie, or not. I do know one thing, I never want to come back here. Even after I die, I don't even want my body buried here.

Well, close, but, nothing. I just can't win. I just don't get it.
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.37.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.37.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.37.46 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.37.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.38.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 6.38.16 PM.png

in which case, I wish she would've told me. I have a second car, but its a true pos, just for getting to work when the other one is acting up or whatever. It's a last resort, and I was waiting for her to say she didn't have a car for me to use the other one.

To me it reads like she was never planning on actually going through with it, but did like the attention.

How about stopping texting her and to see what’s going on? I agree with @Bolletje

Man, super hard for me, sometimes I'm lucky and I can kind of catch on to things. But I mostly use templates of comments which have worked for me in the past: she said A, experience tells me to say B. Unless its a topic I like, then yeah, I can ramble naturally, debate endlessly, get a feel for they're saying, etc. but on a day to day basis, I just rarely come across people with the same passions as me.

but even things like. "hey man, have you ever had a song stuck in your head, and when you finally listen to it, it sucks?" I don't say this because I genuinely care about the topic, but because I know it will start a conversation. again, not at all a natural thing for me.

so.. what were the clues? I have a super bad habit of deleting conversations, it weird that I didn't delete this one, but I'd post more, if anyone is willing to direct them.

last night, I was planning to hook up with someone, she had sent me details of our hotel room, we talked about price.. etc. the entire conversation felt real, but then out of no where she cuts contact with me. The only thing I could imagine doing wrong was lasting too long to reply, maybe it showed a lack of excitement. but literally, short, nonchelant responses is what got me to the point of planning things. so idk

Last edited:
You're wasting your time. Women online talk to about 20 guys at a time and will just stop talking to you, no matter how well the conversation goes. I have seen the same women on dating sites for years. It's honestly just better not to bother.

One way to show you're interested in being serious is have on your profile that you prefer to meet in-person sooner rather than later or at least scheduling things in advance. Also, be able to be open about meeting a person in-person. If you're using an app and a person is wiling to do that, then you know they want to consider something serious. If not, then you don't have to waste too much of your own time.

If someone wants to spend all their time online, they want to either use online as a shield or want to consider all their options before trying to make a choice. You don't have to wait for that other person to make a choice. If they really want to get to know you, they will meet you. If they aren't willing to make that effort, I think it's better to move on because they aren't mature enough to get past the initial stage to really get to know a person.

Maryland. I would LOVE to live in Missouri for the laws and low cost of housing alone.

What's preventing you from moving to Missouri, if I may ask? If it's funding related by state, then maybe consider moving to a rural area of MD if you're not already in one.

Man, super hard for me, sometimes I'm lucky and I can kind of catch on to things. But I mostly use templates of comments which have worked for me in the past: she said A, experience tells me to say B. Unless its a topic I like, then yeah, I can ramble naturally, debate endlessly, get a feel for they're saying, etc. but on a day to day basis, I just rarely come across people with the same passions as me.

but even things like. "hey man, have you ever had a song stuck in your head, and when you finally listen to it, it sucks?" I don't say this because I genuinely care about the topic, but because I know it will start a conversation. again, not at all a natural thing for me.

so.. what were the clues? I have a super bad habit of deleting conversations, it weird that I didn't delete this one, but I'd post more, if anyone is willing to direct them.

last night, I was planning to hook up with someone, she had sent me details of our hotel room, we talked about price.. etc. the entire conversation felt real, but then out of no where she cuts contact with me. The only thing I could imagine doing wrong was lasting too long to reply, maybe it showed a lack of excitement. but literally, short, nonchelant responses is what got me to the point of planning things. so idk

She may've cut you off because she found someone else she wanted to hook up with that she liked more, and/or sooner, maybe you spoke too much for her in one line, maybe you said too much, maybe you didn't sound exciting enough to her, maybe you didn't actually schedule something with her sooner rather than later to show you were serious? Those are all possibilities I can think of.

Well, close, but, nothing. I just can't win. I just don't get it.
. .

"From 1 to 10" sounds like you're testing her. Also, you attempted to invite yourself to her place. That could be a red flag. Let her do that, or assume some public place or your place. Only she should be the one inviting you to her place. when you ask where she lives, it seems you don't reciprocate and tell her your area. You should, and then offer a halfway point or a point accessible to public transportation as options possibly. You can ask her if her place is an option, but then if you do that, also say if your place is an option or not. I feel like a few of your messages might be too wordy, at least for a hookup. The message about 2 weeks being on Tinder, either that needs to be broken up or she just might not care about all that especially since it's a hookup. I think it easier to just try to meet in-person to have a discussion, because it will be easier to temper yourself in-person if they are serious about a hook-up, friendship, and/or building an ltr.

What's preventing you from moving to Missouri, if I may ask? If it's funding related by state, then maybe consider moving to a rural area of MD if you're not already in one.
Any rental property in the rural part of Maryland is going to cost at least $1,400 a month. No friends want to more, or are responsible enough to move in with. That means I am stuck living with family until I finish college, period. The only way I could move at this point before college is if I get a girlfriend with her own place, doubtful and she wants me to move in.

Any rental property in the rural part of Maryland is going to cost at least $1,400 a month. No friends want to more, or are responsible enough to move in with. That means I am stuck living with family until I finish college, period. The only way I could move at this point before college is if I get a girlfriend with her own place, doubtful and she wants me to move in.

$1,400 in a rural part? That's insane. Much be a rich sub-section. You can get $1,400 in decent parts of Philly and I'm sure Balitmore, albeit with random roommates. Getting a job where you move to is another thing, but in your situation, you got nothing to lose by trying to look around. I don't know if out of state or a different area is worth considering (or feasible), but definitely worth looking in to.

Even just outside of Baltimore, like Towson, has a lot of students (Goucher, Towson Uni.) Maybe there's some cheaper places to rent up toward that way.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom