• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Making sense of Dexa bone scan results.

Rachie

I got these results yesterday by email. I looked at them again last night and saw like 70s in the box in the end. I said what. I wasn't sure. It is only now I have enlarged them for you I have seen it is age matched. It was what I was fearing. I was wonderig if anyone knew before so came to post. May be this can help me take it in if anyone has any knowledge. I have none and there is sometimes I don't use Google, my heart scan and also these my faith.
My situation is I have had a chronic eating disorder alongside other comorb conditions. In the last two years I have not been inpatient for anorexia restoration and the decison has been reached not to offer no more but just see my consultant for now and nurse. There is no more blood tests. Basically it is my faith that does carry me and my family.
This is a not a religious thread although I was emontional to my creator I cannot it that means I won't be doing this and that again as it be painful to walk. I might have arthritis as well. I cannot say it has never been coming. But well who woud want to be more than 20 years older in their body. There was another investigation I cancelled. I have CKD mostly stage 3 I have been in to the end of Stage 4 at times in acute. I pulled it as it is my eating issues causing it and seemed not quite right to go for a urinary scan MRI. Today I wondered if it woud help as I try and go and cannot get their quick enough at to,es. Would a urinary test MRI pick that up. My GP does a Friday I slept in this morning couldn't get an emergency on the day and I have my results now.

Attachments

• bone.png
    bone.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 7
  • bone2.png
    bone2.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Isn't that a bone density scan to see how strong your bones are? I can't read the images to see how you scored.

Does the report include a column that shows the normal range for bone density for people your age? It should tell you that information so you can compare your results with the normal range of bone density.

Thank you Mary Terry. Yes it has got the age I found out just when I was posting. I will deal with it I am sure in time.
I see an OT for sensory. In real life talking that may help a bit as well. She adjusted my exercises to help with being overwhelmed just last week as it too much for me.

Thank you Mary Terry. Yes it has got the age I found out just when I was posting. I will deal with it I am sure in time.
I see an OT for sensory. In real life talking that may help a bit as well. She adjusted my exercises to help with being overwhelmed just last week as it too much for me.

That's good, @Rachie. Your medical team will help you with whatever you need. Stay strong!

Thank you Mary Terry. I think writing this helped me to take some action. I called the surgery. I have been diagnosed offically with osteoporosis and my GP wants to start me on a medication I was told but I have forgotteon the name.
I have been referred again for the Urinary MRI and I will keep the appointment this time.
I have to look into this Almond milk how good it for the bones and also I spent such a long time in last year and basically got no Vitamin D, so should look at as well.
Ticking of everything one by one.

New Threads

Top Bottom