• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Monotone speech and awkward body movements.

Jamesfred99

The mechanical movements (vibrations) of the firing neurons is disrupted and not in sync, this is manifesting as awkward body movements (The same glitch is affecting and in many cases removing the rhythm of speech). Eliminating the autism-causing protein will only reverse autism by say 70% and leave the previously mentioned issues unresolved. The neurons must move and vibe in sync for the movements and speech to become flawless.

The mechanical movement of neurons is more important than previously thought, please take a look at the following study:

https://theweek.com/articles/550712...ons-could-help-treat-diseases-like-alzheimers

I do not have a montoned voice and am very aminated. However, I am very clumsy and awkward.

At first, I thought I cannot have Aspergers, because I am not montoned etc, but discovered that is not the case.

I was always, since early childhood, told that I shout too much when speaking. I started trying to control that, but it still happens too many times.
I lose control over it if I'm excited or upset about something. Even my very polite friend has had to ask me not to shout, just recently, while we were talking about something important.

I've also always been told that I have a sweet, very childlike voice. I took communication classes and learnt how to make my voice sound more mature, but am not able to keep it up 100% of the time.

And I've always been clumsy.
The running gag in my family was that I'd bump into every doorjamb in the house if I got the chance. My mom would say "That door has been standing in that same spot all these years. You know?"

I remember things like, one of my arms suddenly jerking and throwing things off tables, counters, etc.
I've suffered with chronic dizziness and balance issues since I can remember, was never able to learn how to ride a bicycle. Tennis, basketball, etc. were always impossible for me.

Only recently did I discover that those can also be part of autism. I just always thought that I was simply careless and clumsy.

Last edited:
I have a flat affect and don't like the motor skills involved with speech. I can also have awkward body movements. Once, though, I went out with big headphones and sunglasses on and walked around town. I moved easily and felt at home in my body. It seemed that sensory overload (too much light, noise, etc.) made my movements difficult (or "awkward") when I had to endure it. But, not if I was able to block most of that out.

I think I have a monotone voice and I am a bit awkward and uncoordinated in my physical movement. I am not a good dancer and feel very self conscious when I do try to dance. Yet I am very proficient in endurance sports. I think part of it is a lack of awareness of our own bodies in space. I think it may partly relate to past trauma or over stimulation and the need to numb our bodies to some extent to avoid becoming overwhelmed with feelings and sensations. If I am very relaxed and sleeping well I lately will wake up with my knee throbbing a bit. But most of the time I don't even feel any pain or soreness during the day so I suspect I am numbing myself to some extend.

I have a flat affect and don't like the motor skills involved with speech. I can also have awkward body movements. Once, though, I went out with big headphones and sunglasses on and walked around town. I moved easily and felt at home in my body. It seemed that sensory overload (too much light, noise, etc.) made my movements difficult (or "awkward") when I had to endure it. But, not if I was able to block most of that out.
This is a really interesting observation. I have noticed that if I wear sunglasses and earplugs when going out, I do not have as much muscle tension in the way that I carry my body, and much better posture...not to mention feeling more relaxed about being out of the house. I still bump into things a lot, but that could just be my vestibular problem.

shout too much when speaking. I started trying to control that, but it still happens too many times.
Oh dear! I get the hand going up and down, to denote: lower your voice. We are in the same room.

I do not hear my voice being loud, until it is brought to my notice and then, I try to adjust, but get: why are you whispering? I can't hear you!!!!

My husband says: Suzanne will always find a hole where there is not one.

New Threads

Top Bottom