• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Motorsports Fans

I’m fascinated by the Dakar Rally and Baja 1000 type races. There so cool, overland off-road type stuff.

Check out the Dakar Rally!

In my younger days I was really into Moto-cross and snowmobile riding and racing. I mostly liked cross country racing. When you go to the MX races, you ride in practice and two motos. Maybe a hour's worth of riding and it takes all day. In a cross country race, you ride four or five hours in a day. These days all that I am allowed to have is a Jeep. Why? Because my wife says so, that's why.

Yes... Generally I love classic cars anyway... I rarely watch car racing on TV, but have in the past enjoyed being at local racing, our racing scene here in Alberta has never been huge, my favourite is vintage sports car racing

When I lived in Ontario around 2001 (for three years) I always went to what was then called Mosport Race Track for a vintage racing weekend... Then back in Alberta our much smaller local club held regular track days throughout the summer, which I enjoyed attending, until the race track shut down seven years ago... :(

One photo I took at Race City...

6134211733_fffbc9c16f_z.jpg

When I used to go Mosport in Ontario, I didn't have the camera gear to take racing photos, but wandered around everywhere else, one treat was the year a rare Triumph race car came from a major American collection... 1960 Triumph TRS race car, a car that was actually raced in the famous 24 Hours of LeMans in both 1960 and 1961

669634_3293c316b9_z.jpg

I only wish I could afford to attend the big vintage race weekends at Goodwood and/or Monterey... :rolleyes:

Well...every year I faithfully watch the Indianapolis 500. Though years ago I used to be quite a racing fan...USAC, NASCAR, Formula 1, CANAM.

Still feel thrilled to have witnessed Jackie Stewart race at Laguna Seca, in long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. :cool:

Awesome driver, Jackie Stewart. Perhaps the best thing about him was that he knew when to quit.

I still grieve for Andy Granatelli's STP team not winning the Indy 500 with their turbo cars. Damn they were cool! :cool: Oops, I'm showing my age. :oops:

Of course I don't have to love cars moving fast either. Some of them are outrageous just standing still, waiting to bought. Anyone presently watching the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale? ;)

Last edited:
Victory Lane

This is the track where I made my NHRA debut.

It was called Keystone Raceway Park and was an NHRA venue at the time.

In this photo taken at a nostalgia day race, it is an IHRA sanctioned raceway.

They have since changed the name back to Keystone.

I still shake my head at the driver of the pace car who chose to turn off his traction control on his Corvette at the Detroit Grand Prix. He hit a rough spot in the pavement, causing some very unwanted wheel spin sending him into the wall.

Ya gotta cringe at some of these races held on the open road!

Imagine the embarrassment of being the only car out there at a much lower speed and still hitting the wall before the other cars could even really behind him. :oops:

The first time I ever saw- or even heard of a pace car accident!

I still shake my head at the driver of the pace car who chose to turn off his traction control on his Corvette at the Detroit Grand Prix. He hit a rough spot in the pavement, causing some very unwanted wheel spin sending him into the wall.

Ya gotta cringe at some of these races held on the open road!

Imagine the embarrassment of being the only car out there at a much lower speed and still hitting the wall before the other cars could even really behind him. :oops:

The first time I ever saw- or even heard of a pace car accident!

The latest breed of supercars require traction control in order to make them street driveable.

Mario Andretti once said in an interview that the average driver would crash an Indy car before they got it out of the pits :p

The latest breed of supercars require traction control in order to make them street driveable.

Mario Andretti once said in an interview that the average driver would crash an Indy car before they got it out of the pits :p

All that power and torque...you get one wheel spinning differently than the other three and you're going in a different direction whether you're steering it or not.

Yep, I've heard that quote. I've taken the traction control off my own car once or twice just to compare driving. - Dumb idea. Right now I'm more than grateful for it driving in the snow. ;)

Yep, I've heard that quote. I've taken the traction control off my own car once or twice just to compare driving. - Dumb idea. Right now I'm more than grateful for it driving in the snow. ;)
I'm the guy that would turn it off :p

I was being groomed for road racing by a Bondurant competition driving instructor as a teen :cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom