• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My foot hurts too much for me to walk to the bus stop.

Probably the most immediate thing you can do is attempt to eliminate sugar intake for a few days. The one thing that can be easily overlooked or misunderstood in what can trigger gout.

And drink a lot of organic black cherry fruit juice. Expensive, but it helps.
Also, dried Balaton cherries (available from vendors such as Cherry Republic) have over 5 times the anthocyanin levels of Montmorency sour cherries. Many people find this useful for gout.

Never mind the OSHA violation of having me pick up heroin needles, urine soaked clothing and used rubbers that homeless people leave in our parking lot while only offering me protective gloves as the sole gear I have to work with.
Well, as long as you're on the way out, give Labor and Industries in Olympia a call and complain that your employer didn't give you blood-borne pathogen training before asking you to handle biological waste. If, that is, you're in the mood for retribution...

Well, my new boss called me and I explained calmly everything. She had no idea how bad my old boss was and she is willing to be more accommodating to me, starting with getting me decent PPE for when I am on parking lot cleanup duty and a sharps container. She already gave me pathogen training when she took over as executive director. She says she is lost when I am not there because I know the database we use better than anybody else, because I built it. It is great to be valued, but I do need to improve my health so I can be there more regularly. The doctor said losing another 50lbs will do the trick. I already lost 30.

ss
Well, my new boss called me and I explained calmly everything. She had no idea how bad my old boss was and she is willing to be more accommodating to me, starting with getting me decent PPE for when I am on parking lot cleanup duty and a sharps container. She already gave me pathogen training when she took over as executive director. She says she is lost when I am not there because I know the database we use better than anybody else, because I built it. It is great to be valued, but I do need to improve my health so I can be there more regularly. The doctor said losing another 50lbs will do the trick. I already lost 30.

Maybe it's a good time to ask for a raise?! You're essential personnel to the new boss.

That's great news on losing weight. Just hang in there, and for every 20 lbs lost should be a milestone, do something for yourself. Right now, l am helping someone move and retire, and l just appreciate every milestone. Just have to get a car shipped, my last task to complete. I just systemically hit everything that needed to be done, which involved getting my partner motivated. So l guess with the weight, you need to have your motivation in place to stay on task.

@Metalhead

Did you have work today?
In the office?

Does your one month notice still stand?

It sounds like the boss depends on you a lot.
She realized that some aspects of what you're
asked to do needed to change.

@Metalhead

Did you have work today?
In the office?

Does your one month notice still stand?

It sounds like the boss depends on you a lot.
She realized that some aspects of what you're
asked to do needed to change.
I am in the office today. My new boss convinced me to stay for the time being because I am too essential of a worker to leave. Some accommodations will be made in the meanwhile.

This might be a good time to ask for a pony.
aka raise
I can't ask for a raise because I can only make so much money before it interferes with my SSDI and my Medicare, which is the only health insurance I have currently. But this is a good time to negotiate shift hours that make it easier on me when it comes to using public transit.

@Metalhead

I think getting better hours can count as *non-monetary raise*
aka a
1721937143345.png

I am in the office today. My new boss convinced me to stay for the time being because I am too essential of a worker to leave. Some accommodations will be made in the meanwhile.

Of all the corporate entities I worked for, had one of their managers told any employee that they are too essential of a worker to leave wouldn't have been fired per se, but shot to death on general principle.

Though I did have an operations manager once call me at home and beg me to take my old job back with a few changes. I did as much and they indeed took me off "customer service". It happens!

But she never claimed I was "essential". Yeah....go back and see what they can do for you.

And take every damn accommodation they can give you. :cool:

If it is one bad foot, get crutches. A walker doesn't make it easy to completely remove the weight from a foot; crutches do. They also occupy less space and allow you to maneuver through tight spaces better.

Gout is a form of arthritis. Uric acid crystals build up in your joint, causing pain—kind of like sand in a bearing. Your body manufactures uric acid by breaking down "purines," commonly found in organ meats, beer, some seafood, and sweetened beverages. Diuretics and immunosuppressants potentially also contribute to failure to remove uric acid from your system.

Your kidneys remove the uric acid from your system. Kidney problems are another potential cause, but kidney function is very easy to test.

Certain medications can lower your uric acid levels. Once a gout attack starts, it takes 3-10 days to resolve.

https://www.webmd.com/arthritis/understanding-gout-treatment
See a doctor,
(!!!!!) get treatment and dietary recommendations, and use crutches. Ibuprofen is probably best for the pain, but be sure to take it with a significant meal, and don't take it on a daily basis, or you may develop a new pain center in your stomach.

New Threads

Top Bottom