• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My therapist seems to imply I can’t be helped

Actually he was a she. And my HMO was the insurer. And she really didn't tell me much of anything, let alone provide feedback to make me even consider than she was listening to what I had to say.

It was truly a pathetic situation. Left a very bad taste in my mouth... :(
I enjoy and revel in your laughter.

I actually knew you were going to say both of those things because you are oppositionally defiant when you feel like you're wrong but there's nothing wrong about accepting your therapist was right and you were just focused on other things but denial works for now.

Clearly you don't know what transpired- many years ago. There was nothing to be "defiant" about.

The entire process amounted to a one-way conversation where the other party said virtually nothing other than the limits of my coverage. Not something I contested, although I never found that particularly useful as "therapy". Beyond that, I can't recall anything she said that constituted being right or wrong. It was simply a matter of being profoundly absent in the process, even though she sat right in front of me.

I found her lack of participation astounding.

Clearly you don't know what transpired. There was nothing to be defiant about. The entire process amounted to a one-way conversation where the other party said virtually nothing other than the limits of my coverage.
Not something I contested, although I never found that particularly useful as "therapy". Beyond that, I can't recall anything she said that constituted being right or wrong. It was simply a matter of being profoundly absent in the process, even though she sat right in front of me.
Now I know and we can agree to disagree because I haven't changed my opinion and everything you've said confirmed I don't have any reason to ever change my opinion in the future ever. Have a wonderful day and God bless you.

Now I know and we can agree to disagree because I haven't changed my opinion and everything you've said confirmed I don't have any reason to ever change my opinion in the future ever. Have a wonderful day and God bless you.

Yes, we agree to disagree. It happens. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom