• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Never work at Wally World

DarkLady

alien baby
I worked there for a week in June and it was awful. Had to leave because no accomodations led to a meltdown in the work bathrooms.

I've never even managed to pass their personality test, so you're one up on me.

But yeah I don't even like going into them, just bad vibes... :(

Don't have to tell me twice. I won't even walk into the building. I've never heard a good thing about the whole company.

HA! I also failed the personality test!

I can't do retail or anything with the public. I will end up hiding in the bathroom for extended periods and eventually snapping and walking off.

I worked there for a week in June and it was awful. Had to leave because no accomodations led to a meltdown in the work bathrooms.

I'm sorry to hear and I hope you're doing okay now. I had a similar experience with Sam's Club. Retail is definitely not easy.

LOL! I lied on the personality test because I needed a job at the time. I gave them the exact answer I thought they wanted to hear. Boy is WalMart a craptastic outfit!

If it's any consolidation I won't even shop there anymore, the whole aura of the place is just ick.

I don't know if it's the lights, the over-sized building with the warehouse height ceilings, the either incompetent, rude or callous staff. And I could never forget the EXTREME-nastyness of the restrooms (WHY is it always like an elementary school JAIL in there?)

Just an all around no on the Wal-Mart

(which is weird because I'm fine in Meijers, Target, Krogers, idk Wal-Mart is just bad joo-joo

John Boy was pretty cool, and his sister, Elizabeth Walton was pretty hot!!
Oh wait, wrong Waltons.
[emoji12]

You're lucky you only failed it three times. I failed it and got declined six times. I've given up on trying to work there.
I gave up after three times because their system put an eight-month lock on my ability to apply even though I lived the same distance away from two or three locations. So after two years, I said screw it.

Looking at how they have recently culled their corporate offices, this might not be a good time for much of anyone to apply. Their stock took quite a hit since Shanghai's market crash.

WallyWorld is an evil place. I took them to task two times and won both times,so basically they have given me more than I ever spent in their stores.I had Bentonville on speed dial for a while over damages received on motor vehicles :D
I do not like the way they treat any of their employees,so I quit feeding that monster.

I see it as no loss to anyone who can't get a job there.

Today Walmart lost nine billion dollars in shareholder equity and quarterly losses. Their stock sold off somewhere between nine and ten percent due to mostly higher wages cutting into profits. This is a very mercenary operation. One can only guess as to how they make up the difference now.

Last edited:
In a former life of mine that I don’t enjoy talking about very much: I took a job with them at one of their shipping & warehouse distribution centers pulling orders and loading trucks and it was hands down / without question the worst job I’ve ever had! It had nothing to do with the required work, the hours, the working conditions, the facility or the pay but rather the way that they treated their employees (or team mates as we were called). I’ve worked some hard, nasty, dirty jobs in my life but they all played out for me in a tolerable fashion as long as I showed up every day, kept my mouth shut and worked harder than everyone else, but that mantra didn’t seem to fly at Wal Mart. While I’ve never been in prison or locked up in a chicken coop, I can imagine after working there for 1.2 years that I now know what it’ll be like if I ever do because that was the social experience that I had working for them. They essentially hire 120 people for the work that 100 could do and then put you in perpetual ‘competition’ with each other while they continually fire people for under performing while hiring more at the same time. ie: you’re in a constant state of threat of losing your job when you under perform in comparison to everyone else..... What happens inherently then in a situation like this where self preservation is paramount (as it does in prison & chicken coops) is when groups of your ‘teammates’ start forming gangs that protect each other, collectively manipulate the system, steal and hoard the easy jobs and generally sabotage all the outsiders so that their production numbers are higher than everyone else's.

Sorry for the rant, but this post brought up some bad memories for me.

In agreeance with DarkLady 110% though: Never work at Wally World !

New Threads

Top Bottom