• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New NT member

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
Hello everyone. I am so glad this forum is here and hope to learn a lot from all of you. My name is LucyPurrs, I am an older NT female who has a close friend whom I suspect has Asperger's. I am trying to be as best a friend to him as possible and want to understand how to do this.

Hi Lucy. I have learned alot from those with Autism, ASD or Aspergers here. I joined so as to help understand and assist better our two young sons with Autism, and to give our parental perspective to things that could benefit some.

It is never too early or late to try understand, support, or help someone else, so it is nice that you joined. Feel free to look at the various topic threads, ask questions, or give more information about your friend, and others here will be glad to
help.

Last edited:
Well trying to learn and understand better a man I deeply love who I suspect has Aspergers. He is amazing and I want to be the best friend I can be to him.

Well trying to learn and understand better a man I deeply love who I suspect has Aspergers. He is amazing and I want to be the best friend I can be to him.

Great for you, and for him too. I am glad you see the great in him, and want to learn more and be his best fiend, too. That is a nice attitude to have.

Welcome to AF.jpg

Welcome! This man is blessed to have someone in his life who cares so much.
You will find a lot of loving input and answers here. We may not always be right, but we do always care.

Hello everyone. I am so glad this forum is here and hope to learn a lot from all of you. My name is LucyPurrs, I am an older NT female who has a close friend whom I suspect has Asperger's. I am trying to be as best a friend to him as possible and want to understand how to do this.

Hi LucyPurrs. Welcome to AF!!!

It is very nice of you to come here for information to be the best friend possible. This site is a good place to come for your search. If you don't find what you need to know already here on the site, or from some of the nice people here, we have resources that are pretty sure to give you the information.

Welcome.

There are a lot great threads on the board.

For yourself and your mate, are you empathic and is he?

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes. In answer to Keigan's question, yes I'm empathic and I believe he is also based on his responses to me. When I got diagnosed with breast Cancer (now gone), he was very supportive and loving.

Hi Lucy, welcome! :) Lots of great people here who will be very supportive to you and try their best to help :)

New Threads

Top Bottom