• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New on Aspies Forum

micho313

Hello and Good Day!

My name is Micho and I have utilized this forum for research in the past, however only recently signed up as member. I am 40 now and have a pretty busy lifestyle. I found out about Aspergers later in my life, though an earlier Psychologist suggested this in mid 90's I just didn't believe I could be since I didn't think I was any different than "average" people. It became more and more apparent as I moved through life and unfortunately my refusal to accept this mixed with my valiant attempts to "blend" caused many struggles in my life and relationships. I have been stopped by police numerous times for "looking guilty" or accused of making threats I had not etc etc. Living where we do I found works nicely with my desire for isolation here in Detroit.

I am a solo parent of 3 kids after a truly miserable divorce. I have however met a wonderful woman that shares many "quirks" however we seem to compliment each other well. I found my attention to detail and focused interest level gave me certain job opportunities that I benefit from and have been employed for over 10 years at same business. I also found my niche within the "maker" or "hacker" community.

This just is a summary of basic info. But my issues are not as complex in certain areas as others so I would say I am high functioning. However, I definitely have to work extra hard on basic every day occurances.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome :)

Nice of you to say hi. I'm sure you already know your way around this site very well by now. Hopefully, the added feature of being able to talk with others, and openly ask questions, will allow you to learn even more about yourself.

I'm sorry to read that your divorce was a messy one, but I'm glad you have a new romantic interest. It helps, to have someone, who can understand you. You're doing well indeed, if you've managed to hold down a secure job, for the past decade.

I hope you feel right at home here.

Hiiiiiiiii

So glad you have found a woman who brings out the best in you, which in turn will be good for your children, if, of course she is good to them ☺

Welcome

My true love is remarkably supportive. My/Our biggest problem as a relationship though, some things I just purely do not respondo to. So when she becomes upset or depressed, I try really hard to talk her through it, but no matter what I do, I cannot force myself to actually understand or relate. I keep trying though! She has alot of similar traits fortufortunately. I just know that there are often times she needs me to understand things I barely react to.

Thank you much for the return greets!

Welcome :)

Nice of you to say hi. I'm sure you already know your way around this site very well by now. Hopefully, the added feature of being able to talk with others, and openly ask questions, will allow you to learn even more about yourself.

I'm sorry to read that your divorce was a messy one, but I'm glad you have a new romantic interest. It helps, to have someone, who can understand you. You're doing well indeed, if you've managed to hold down a secure job, for the past decade.

I hope you feel right at home here.

My true love is remarkably supportive. My/Our biggest problem as a relationship though, some things I just purely do not respondo to. So when she becomes upset or depressed, I try really hard to talk her through it, but no matter what I do, I cannot force myself to actually understand or relate. I keep trying though! She has alot of similar traits fortufortunately. I just know that there are often times she needs me to understand things I barely react to.

Thank you much for the return greets!
Hmm, perhaps these might be helpful?

Different Together: Different Together Community For Partners of People Affected by Asperger Syndrome

AS for women (this one is good for understanding typical traits in women): Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

New Threads

Top Bottom