• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Person :)

Damiano

Hi Everyone,

I'm Damian, and I was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome when I was 5 back in 1994. I'm now doing my PhD on autism spectrum disorders! :) Looking at emotion regulation in adolescents and young adults with ASD, as this was something that was an issue for me during this time period.

I was actually hoping to post a link to advertise an online survey for my PhD that I'm running, as I need participants with autism spectrum disorders to fill it out, but I'm having trouble obtaining permission as for some reason I can't seem to PM any moderators or administrators to ask them :S anyway I can get around this?

Hello, welcome to Aspies Central!

You are welcome to participate in this forum of course, but we generally frown upon people coming here to do research about AS for school or whatever, so we would prefer that you not post links to any surveys, at least for the time being.

Hi Damian We are glad that you came to join us...but like ICM said we generally don't like surveys and such here. But we're a great community and join us. Might want to try like WrongPlanet I don't know though. That's another AS forum. Good luck with your research and welcome! I know Research for that kind of thing is tough (I got my MSW and had to do a research project too) good luck!!!

No worries, yeah I was recommended this forum from a friend :)

Yeah getting participants can be very hard... sometimes I can be a little envious of my fellow PhD's doing Non-ASD research just because they can test neurotypicals.. of which there are so many. In fact at our university first year students have to participate in research as part of their course requirements :P So they can get heaps so easily. I'm wanting to get about 200 people with ASD to fill in my survey and so far I've got 93 which is pretty good though. I remember in my honours year I did a project looking at motor programming in Asperger's syndrome which required adult participants to actually come in to the university and boy that took me so long. We originally planned for 25 people but in the end we had to be happy with just 15 and that took me months to get.

G’Day and welcome to aspiescentral.com, I find it rather interesting that you have made the thing you where diagnosed with, your work.
Good luck in the future with your PhD, maybe after you've been around a while and gotten to know us a little, things may change ; ]

New Threads

Top Bottom