• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

514e61c22f2ecf36f11b6e89786397c0--famous-ads-retro-cars.jpg

This is an old Norwegian ad for a bicycle company called DBS. The text says "The sensitive and elastic bicycle pants is available in our store".

It sure looks elastic. They probably should have used pants with a different color than the bicycle seat. But they both look happy with their new pants so that's good.

wvpcrzvc70561.png

I feel like I might need to edit the original post with some sort of disclaimer to beware: you WILL encounter absolute cringe.

But it’s history :rolleyes:

It's kind of a haunted house experience: thrilling, scary, and I find myself laughing. That's how it is at the amusement parks, anyway.

I feel like I might need to edit the original post with some sort of disclaimer to beware: you WILL encounter absolute cringe.

But it’s history :rolleyes:
Indeed absolute cringe but the comments put that into perspective. It's actually a really interesting look back.

Coca-Cola_-_Hospitality_in_Your_Hands,_1948.jpg

For some reason, I've always found the depictions of housewives and domestic life in 1940s and 1950s advertising incredibly appealing to me. I really don't know why, it's not like I look at them and wish I could be a housewife like the women in the advertisements, but still there's something I just find appealing about them.

View attachment 100135
For some reason, I've always found the depictions of housewives and domestic life in 1940s and 1950s advertising incredibly appealing to me. I really don't know why, it's not like I look at them and wish I could be a housewife like the women in the advertisements, but still there's something I just find appealing about them.
LOL! They are supposed to be ideal, perfect women. Why wouldn't they be appealing? Of course, we know it is fiction. And fiction is just another word for fantasy.

Cis-het males will want those beautiful girls serving them Coca Cola and cis-het women of the day will want to be those girls. Probably most cis-het girls of this day too. There's no conflict between looking like that at a party and being a professional during the week.

LOL! They are supposed to be ideal, perfect women. Why wouldn't they be appealing? Of course, we know it is fiction. And fiction is just another word for fantasy.

Cis-het males will want those beautiful girls serving them Coca Cola and cis-het women of the day will want to be those girls. Probably most cis-het girls of this day too. There's no conflict between looking like that at a party and being a professional during the week.
Hilariously I'm neither of those things.

I'm trans and lesbian lol

As a side note, at first I didn't really think the Ikea one was "vintage," but I have more recent furniture from Ikea and it looks nothing like that. There were stools like that in houses I lived in in the 1990s.

I find it hilarious that Gen Z people are calling things from when I was a kid "vintage" and acting like they're some newly discovered lost relics. I'm close to 30, I'm not from the 1800s. They are turning the generational gap into more of an abyss lol

I obviously make jokes about Gen Z a lot, but I find the "cultural" gap so fascinating and bizarre

EKVI3070.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom