• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Original vs Remake

It’s a mixed bag, I believe. Typically originals are great or better than reboots, but not always.
I really enjoyed the Dark Shadows movie with Johnny Depp. Wednesday is a decent show based off the 90s Addams family movies (but fell woefully short with Gomez).
I liked the US version of The Office more than the original British version.

IMO by far mathematically most- but not all remakes are never as good as the original.

The one remake that always comes to mind that was vastly better than the original was "The Thomas Crown Affair" (1999). Far more engaging and entertaining compared to the original made in 1968. Pierce Brosnan bested even Steve McQueen in that one. :cool:

I also was impressed with Will Smith in "I Am Legend". The 2007 remake of "The Omega Man" made back in 1971 with Charlton Heston. Oddly enough, mostly given advances in special effects, I found the "Planet of the Apes" series remake much better than the original of 1968 as well.

Last edited:
I liked the US version of The Office more than the original British version.
US version of Shameless was also better than the original British version. But I often wonder if I only view it and The Office in that regard because I saw the American versions first.

But for the most part I do usually think the originals were better but there is two cinematic exceptions. The first being the new Planet of the Apes movies are way better than the originals. And that has more to do with the story than the actual special effects. The new ones just seem a little more believable. There was a much better focus on how the Apes rose.

The second exception where I think the remakes were much better are the Christian Bale Batman Trilogy. In my view he was better than West, Keaton, and anyone else to try the role.

Aside from Micheal Keaton, Christian Bale IS Batman! CB is definitely my favorite Batman actor of all time. MK is a close second as the 80s movie was epic and awesome.

New Threads

Top Bottom