• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Original vs Remake

Aside from Micheal Keaton, Christian Bale IS Batman! CB is definitely my favorite Batman actor of all time. MK is a close second as the 80s movie was epic and awesome.
Batman is originally a comic book character so technically one could say that all of the shows are remakes. Even the old Adam West version.😂

David Cronenberg’s The Fly was a tragic masterpiece. Much better than the Vincent Price original.

I read something interesting, the Australians are making an Austalian version of "The Office". And the Brits are making a British version of "Cheers".

Australian "The Office", I can't wait to see that, I'm expecting kangaroos, crocs and a lot of outback. 😆 And "Cheers", I love Cheers, I have the DVD box set. British Cheers, that's interesting.

The argument of which is better depends on what you’re looking for. Some movies are better when they are remade and others become worse. Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a good example of how both are better than the other in their own unique ways. If you want bright and colorful set pieces with a friendly yet mad Willy, then the original is better but if you want a more book accurate adaptation then the remake is what you want. A Star is Born is another example of a movie that has several remakes and each has something different than the others and all of them are better than the others in their own way. The original is a film classic but it isn’t a musical. The first remake is a musical and stars Judy Garland, the second remake stars Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand and won the Best Original Song Oscar and the third remake stars Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper and modernizes the story while keeping the themes of rising fame and the costs it can bring the same. It’s all really subjective to each person on if the original or remake is better.

IMO by far mathematically most- but not all remakes are never as good as the original.

I definitely agree with this; if you're a fan of the original version of something, it's really hard to even think someone else is going to do a 'better' version, so they have quite a lot to live up to. By contrast, if the original was either reviewed negatively or you're just not a fan of it, the odds are in your favor that a remake is going to be somewhat better.

Most things that get remade appear to just be a cash grab, or appealing to a false sense of nostalgia. Even though I'm not a big fan of TV, I like to think that if I'm a fan of an older show or movie, I can just watch that older show or movie without having to spend any extra cash on renting or streaming

Australian "The Office", I can't wait to see that, I'm expecting kangaroos, crocs and a lot of outback. 😆
Like most Australian shows, it probably won't pass censorship in many countries. :)

It's funny seeing the differences between countries in youtube videos. Most content contributors from some countries are very worried about using certain words or phrases because they're scared of getting banned or demonetised, yet Aussies seem to be able to say whatever we please.

Most things that get remade appear to just be a cash grab, or appealing to a false sense of nostalgia. Even though I'm not a big fan of TV, I like to think that if I'm a fan of an older show or movie, I can just watch that older show or movie without having to spend any extra cash on renting or streaming

The "cash grab" essentially based on predictable revenues of a previous hit. Hoping to repeat the process or settle for a minor profit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Like most Australian shows, it probably won't pass censorship in many countries. :)

It's funny seeing the differences between countries in youtube videos. Most content contributors from some countries are very worried about using certain words or phrases because they're scared of getting banned or demonetised, yet Aussies seem to be able to say whatever we please.

I think it could be good, most of the Australian humor I have seen was hilarious. It won't have a problem with censorship here at least, you can say and do pretty much anything you want on tv here. 😃

New Threads

Top Bottom