• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People of the Midwest, Where do you go?

Minnesota images. I think anyone born in the "The of 10,000 Lakes" has water in their veins. I don't think I could ever live in an arid place and feel at home as a result.

_MG_9474.jpg

3-minnesota-lake-superior-north-shore-jamie-and-judy-wild.jpg

enjoy-breathtaking-views.jpg

22272144601_2ab701652e_o.jpg

A story about the prairies, perhaps four years ago during a three day road trip to Saskatchewan (infamous for flat prairies), I stopped in the town of Tompkins for some lunch as I was heading to Val Marie/Grasslands Nat'l Park... Had a great meal in the small cafe on the short main street, and I remember a couple from Spain also being there... This discussion came up with the cafe owner... He talked about the perception of flatness, how that portion of the Trans Canada Highway is very flat, yet if you drive a short distance to the south of Tompkins you would run into rolling hills (ie. not flat), but the average person driving through that stretch for the first time and just passing through without stopping will never notice that...

And Grasslands Nat'l Park (not that far southeast of Tompkins) is a natural wonder, alright very few trees, but there are rolling hills, one gravel road through it, hiking trails, great viewpoints from the top of hills, etc... And it is so isolated with so few visitors that it is free of charge to go in...

I have relatives in Saskatchewan, around the Moose Jaw area. I've never visited, but they came and visited us when I was a child. Very delightful people. I also have family in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. I've never been there either.

I have relatives in Saskatchewan, around the Moose Jaw area. I've never visited, but they came and visited us when I was a child. Very delightful people. I also have family in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. I've never been there either.

Saskatchewan is one of my favourite places to explore, Moose Jaw is a rather infamous town, lots of urban legends about it, some about Al Capone :)...

New Threads

Top Bottom