• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PIP renewal support UK

Rachie

On the 15th September I was sent a text message that my PIP forms where up for renewal. It did worry me because who wants to fill in those forms, although we need to at times. I found it very overwhelming. Shortly after getting the forms I asked and rang up for a two week extension which was granted to me.
Even though it was more stripped the form compared to claiming for the first time, the questions pretty much are the same for the the PIP first time application and renewal forms it seems.
So, it is pretty much done. They have said I can just print my form from word instead of writing by hand which I cannot. When I started typing it got easier.

I have read some useful information. There has been a vulnerable group historically and you may want to check if this still exists, the link to the vulnerable groups is the last one I linked to
Chapter 30.06 Reassessment DLA Helpline
Vulnerable claimants
The claimant is identified as having additional support needs if when the claim is taken
and recorded in PIPCS, they advise the telephony agent they have one of the following health
conditions:
severe depression, for which they have been hospitalised, psychosis, schizophrenia,
severe ADHD, or
down’s syndrome, Fragile X syndrome, severe autism, severe developmental delay, or
any form of dementia (for example Alzheimer’s, Lewy body dementia, or vascular
dementia, severe brain injury resulting in cognitive decline)."

Not everyone knows guides exist to help write these forms. I found the below guides helpful and wanted to share the links as I have no use it for it and it may help people with their forms and make it less overwhelming the process. It is the 1st guide that I used the most and the rest was for checking really. I tried to not overwhelm myself with information as possible.

How to fill in the PIP form

https://www.carersuk.org/media/3yin...24 If you are looking after someone who has a

https://www.leicester.gov.uk/media/178164/personal-independence-payments.pdf

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/uploads/pdfs/PIP-overview-Sep-2022.pdf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...0QFnoECB4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0fHeAq8HuaFi_4hPHOJlGy

Last edited:
A really clever lady helped me with all my forms when I first applied, it's called the Disability Support Pension here, and she helped me avoid a few pitfalls.

One of them, she had a specific form she wanted filled out by a general practitioner, and this form had a tick box for "Life long illness, no treatment possible". Getting that means they never reassess my claim again, I just keep getting paid with no reviews for the rest of my life.

A really clever lady helped me with all my forms when I first applied, it's called the Disability Support Pension here, and she helped me avoid a few pitfalls.

One of them, she had a specific form she wanted filled out by a general practitioner, and this form had a tick box for "Life long illness, no treatment possible". Getting that means they never reassess my claim again, I just keep getting paid with no reviews for the rest of my life.
The process can be overwhelming wherever you live. I do have a lot of supportive information. Some I am still waiting on, but they are not necessary. I do wish not to have to do another one in my lifetime. It has been detrimental to me doing the forms to my health. So much overwhelming came from it. I try to do a bit every day and take some days off as well. Some questions can be hard to understand so checking multiple links can help you get it right.
Too many questions and I don't like to answer them.

All that sort of stuff stresses me out too, for no real reason that I can fathom because I'm very literate.

Australia and UK have very similar systems so it might be worth you looking in to to see if you can get the same.

I've not done the PIP route Rachie, but I have heard much about it and just wanted to say fair play to you for getting through the forms.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. It really needs to be posted. The more time I spend on it I get wound up and my head starts spinning and everything loses meaning and I wonder if I have made sense of anything. Some seem straight forward. I had some old forms of mine saved as well and that helped me to see them. I must get it sent this week. I have to the 18th October for them to receive it.

New Threads

Top Bottom